Britax Pinnacle 90 and Britax Frontier 90

nataliem257

Anyone else think the footprint looks way more narrow? That's always been my one complaint about my 85, takes up a ton of room, and that's without SICT. It looks like instead of attached those pillow things to the already wide outer shell they make the pillows serve as the outer shell. Kinda looks like headwings for the whole torso

ADS

thepote

Anyone else think the footprint looks way more narrow? That's always been my one complaint about my 85, takes up a ton of room, and that's without SICT. It looks like instead of attached those pillow things to the already wide outer shell they make the pillows serve as the outer shell. Kinda looks like headwings for the whole torso

Yes we need morninglori to come and make some relative measurements on the pic :)

Phineasmama

Re: Britax Pinnacle 90

Yeah I think a lot of the "boyish" prints that could be used are kind of touch and go. The kid may like dinosaurs one day and the next all the sudden it's all about basketball. One day fire trucks are cool and then the next week those are "for babies" and Transformers are the coolest things ever :p

MommyShannon

The description said something about up front recline. Much better than flipping that recline paddle. I've helped a couple of friends with 85s and no one has it flipped correctly for harness.

Love that the harness height can be adjusted without uninstalling. For those whose cars don't have reclining seat backs to stick your hand back there. Looks like they took some good things about the BLVD and put them on the FR. Unfortunately I need a new harnessed seat like I need a giant, gaping hole in my head though.

I hope it's really not 30 lbs. That would be insane. And really exempt most people from using latch at all ever if the seat has a starting child weight of 25 pounds. Though then they could just not put latch on the seat at all.

If they can't up the latch limits to like 100lbs, I think only infant seats should come lower anchor equipped so there is no mistaking the limits. I'm not talking top tether here - just lower anchors. All convert's and FFing only should be seatbelt installs with top tethers to some high max. I know latch is supposed to simplify but it has just made everything way more confusing to the everyday parent.

Oh my goodness! How did I miss that the harness adjusts in front! Definitely want one now!
I have a Honda so 40lb LATCH limit already so in my mind LATCH is for rf and seatbelt for ff (though there could be some exceptions briefly). The new limits actually would give me more use of LATCH with any seat under 25lbs if I got another Honda, lol.

Kobain's Mommy

Was there any cows? I was debating on getting DS a FR85 for my van this summer. I wonder how it fits 3rd row outboard in a 05 Caravan with the stow n go seats.

mominabigtruck

Ohh, ds3 needs one! I need to get dh on picking up my new van seats so I can see how much room i'm actually going to have. I was sure the fr85 wouldn't fit in the middle but if this is more narrow AND has integrated cupholders, woohoo!

MommyShannon

It doesn't look very different in size to me. Its got such high limits, its got to be big still. The FR90 looks like just the same basic shape with the harness adjustment in front, different armrests, and different base. The Pinnacle 90 looks like its replacing the SICT and they changed the sides on it.

MommyShannon

Comparisons! Harness covers that are nice and the belly pad looks like on the G3s that stays forward out of the way! No more sitting on the buckle or belly pad that never stays on. Looks like they just made the bottom of the cover narrower so they could extend the cup holders to fit more stuff.
Frontier 90 vs 85
21D1A452-6458-4D79-AB83-4C845FC3000C-246-000000FA2222742D.jpg
BFB00FDF-E87F-4BDE-B2DC-460EEC8552B6-246-000000FA34606089.jpg

Pinnacle 90 vs SICT
13AE7B5E-781E-4792-A486-45E72AD523EB-246-000000FA5DB405FE.jpg
FEBF303F-C9C8-4E0D-B665-BF6AA1343AD1-246-000000FAF0D2B6A2.jpg
a

Mom2LeahClaire

The best part is...I'm almost 30 years old and I'm pretty sure I could almost fit in that thing at 95 lbs and 5'3! lol It's HUGE at the top which makes it look goofy but I do love the colors...

Kel

I'm the one that said boyish prints, like dinosaurs trucks etc...I guess those prints would be best on the smaller seats like the Blvd, MA ans such. Like the old Britax covers.

I like the ideas of the older boy prints everyone said. My boys LOVE their 2 yr old brothers RN with the Trekk cover. (Black and grey camo) So some Camo prints on the FRs would be cool. Maybe Orange/black Yellow/ black camo combos would be great.

My 6yr old DD just popped in to say she would love a pink and black camo seat, lol. So that might be a nice option for the non-flowery girls. Like my DD who wears a tu tu, but pretends she's Rambo, LOL!

Brianna

I really like Zebra and I hate cow :duck: I'm trying to come up with a reason why I need one- does liking zebra count? LOL!

whiteyacht

I'm the one that said boyish prints, like dinosaurs trucks etc...I guess those prints would be best on the smaller seats like the Blvd, MA ans such. Like the old Britax covers.

I like the ideas of the older boy prints everyone said. My boys LOVE their 2 yr old brothers RN with the Trekk cover. (Black and grey camo) So some Camo prints on the FRs would be cool. Maybe Orange/black Yellow/ black camo combos would be great.

My 6yr old DD just popped in to say she would love a pink and black camo seat, lol. So that might be a nice option for the non-flowery girls. Like my DD who wears a tu tu, but pretends she's Rambo, LOL!

I would love camo!

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos.

mominabigtruck

Ugh, I'm so sick of camo. My brother just had a camo themed wedding and it was the tackiest thing ever. I have no desire to have my backseat look like some backwoods hoedown.

What's wrong with super heroes or flames or actual boy colors like bright green and orange instead of gray? It seems like the pendulum had swung back from when all seats were blue and green with animals to now everything is black or gray because god forbid something for kids is actually cute.

whiteyacht

Ugh, I'm so sick of camo. My brother just had a camo themed wedding and it was the tackiest thing ever. I have no desire to have my backseat look like some backwoods hoedown.

What's wrong with super heroes or flames or actual boy colors like bright green and orange instead of gray? It seems like the pendulum had swung back from when all seats were blue and green with animals to now everything is black or gray because god forbid something for kids is actually cute.

LOL I'd probably feel differently about camo under those circumstances!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC