Question Britax boulevard click tight

U

Unregistered

Ok so I want to fit my twins beside each other in my 2016 Honda Odyssey. I want one behind the driver side and one in the middle seat. In the second row. I'm looking at this configuration to make it easier for my big kids to get to the 3rd row. I had a CPST tell me I could not put a Britax Boulevard in the middle 2nd row seat because the base is too wide and per Britax specifications it wasn't allowed in that seat. But I have seen pics of people with them in the middle row. Is it too wide? Did she give me bad info? She told me to go with the Nextfit. But when I looked up their measurements they are the same width as the boulevard. I need help and advice before I spend $700 on car seats that won't work.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

The issue is overhang. Britax doesn't allow the base of the seat to overhang the sides of the vehicle's seat. The NextFit has a differently sized base, and I don't know Chicco's stance.

If you have the seats in narrow mode the overhang won't be an issue, and they may very well fit.

Could you go to Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us and try them out before you buy?

Wendy

lgenne

What Wendy said, except that I believe the Nextfit is incompatible with that seating position.

The Graco Milestone, Maxi Cosi Pria 70, Cosco Scenera NEXT, Clek Foonf, and Clek Fllo all work there, with the caveat that the Clek seats can interfere with opening the rear entertainment screen when the headrest is fully extended.

U

Unregistered

Thanks y'all. I think I'll go with the milestone or the pria 70. They just look so wide to me in pics. I haven't seen them in person yet. I just couldn't believe that they would fit and the boulevard not. But I will try them out. I think I'll order them both from Amazon and try them to find the ones I like the best. Then just return the ones I don't like. My friend hated her Clek's. She said they were heavy and her children said they were uncomfortable. I guess not enough padding? But I might try those just to see too. Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

featherhead

Thanks y'all. I think I'll go with the milestone or the pria 70. They just look so wide to me in pics. I haven't seen them in person yet. I just couldn't believe that they would fit and the boulevard not. But I will try them out. I think I'll order them both from Amazon and try them to find the ones I like the best. Then just return the ones I don't like. My friend hated her Clek's. She said they were heavy and her children said they were uncomfortable. I guess not enough padding? But I might try those just to see too. Thanks again for taking the time to reply!

The 2016 Clek models have more padding than the previous versions.

lgenne

The Milestone does have a bit of side overhang in wide mode, but Graco just requires 80% of the base to be touching, which it does easily.

(Edited way after the fact to make sense.)

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Do you think the milestone or the pria 70 will fit 2 side by side ok? And also can I use those in wide mode if I have to do it that way to make it fit? Thanks y'all. You have been more helpful than anyone I have talked to!

U

Unregistered

What about the Peg Perego convertible? Do you think they would fit? And what are the rules about overhang on those bases? Sorry. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I haven't had a toddler in 7 years and OMG at the difference in car seat safety now. I can't believe the things we thought were ok then. But I'm learning and trying to do better with these two.

lgenne

Do you think the milestone or the pria 70 will fit 2 side by side ok? And also can I use those in wide mode if I have to do it that way to make it fit? Thanks y'all. You have been more helpful than anyone I have talked to!

I used the Milestone with one captains chair in wide mode and the other removed.

I edited my post above. Nothing has side overhang in narrow mode; there's a tiny bit of side overhang in wide mode for the Milestone.

I'm certain you could do 2 Milestones side by side in wide mode. I suspect you could in narrow mode, but I don't know for sure. Although you're generally better off with different seats for a side by side install, because 2 of the same seat will have the widest spots right next to each other.

U

Unregistered

I used the Milestone with one captains chair in wide mode and the other removed.

I edited my post above. Nothing has side overhang in narrow mode; there's a tiny bit of side overhang in wide mode for the Milestone.

I'm certain you could do 2 Milestones side by side in wide mode. I suspect you could in narrow mode, but I don't know for sure. Although you're generally better off with different seats for a side by side install, because 2 of the same seat will have the widest spots right next to each other.

Thank you!!!

aporthole

The NextFit works well in that center seat. I have not seen Chicco mention anything other than the standard 80/20 regarding overhang and no mention of any side overhang prohibitions. A quick call to their customer service would be advised for direct confirmation.

U

Unregistered

The NextFit works well in that center seat. I have not seen Chicco mention anything other than the standard 80/20 regarding overhang and no mention of any side overhang prohibitions. A quick call to their customer service would be advised for direct confirmation.

So do you prefer the chicco? I worry about the sides being so high making it hard to get toddlers in and out.
I have it narrowed down to the chicco nextfit, the graco milestone or the peg perego.

aporthole

So do you prefer the chicco? I worry about the sides being so high making it hard to get toddlers in and out.
I have it narrowed down to the chicco nextfit, the graco milestone or the peg perego.

No not really, but it does work there. I haven't used a Peg nor Milestone. The Milestone has pretty low sides and seems to fit well there from what I've read.

Have you considered a Clek Foonf or Fllo? They both work there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC