Anyone used a Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory

Byron

Has anyone used one of these with a carry on bag, and did it work?

Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Traveling-Toddler-Seat-Travel-Accessory/dp/B000JHN3AS/ref=cm_cmu_pg_t"]Amazon.com: Traveling Toddler Car Seat Travel Accessory: Baby[/ame]

I am using a radian.

TIA

ADS

HeatherMo745

We have the radian also and while traveling from south Carolina to California we used a luggage cart to stroll the carseat through airports an into the plane. We just used the cords that came with the cart and used the holes as if you were installing forward facing. SO much cheaper!

image-1102252764.jpg

This is the only photo I have, sorry.

Eclipsepearl

If you use a rolly suitcase as a carry-on, be sure that the handles are strong enough to hold both the car seat and the child. If they break, you're stuck in the airport with a suitcase, a child and a car seat to transport. Could get ugly.

Be aware too that rolly bags are the Dreaded Carry-on bag. There just isn't enough room to stow them all on the plane. We used to curse those things. Also, with a child, you need a bag that can go at your feet so you can grab stuff, not something you have to pull down and unzip (so either take a backpack or duffle as well or instead).

If you can't stow it and the crew want to check it, ask them to gate check and return it to the jetway, not baggage claim. Explain to them that you're using it to cart your car seat. Think ahead and don't put anything in it you need on the flight (or anything delicate like your lap top).

I found that the luggage cart was the way to go. Then I could put either the child or my back pack in it.

Mom2Jack

Instead of the Traveling Toddler, I used the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TOTEaTOT-Travel-accessory-for-children/dp/B000H7VMO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1333380858&sr=1-1"]Tote A Tot[/ame]. I liked it because it has a built in bag, so I could put that at my feet with toys, etc and stow the suitcase (actually in my case I was on small planes, so the "carry-on suitcases" all got gate checked). Now with more kids I use a double stroller, but that worked when I was traveling with DS alone when he was younger.

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I use the Travelling Toddler, have loved it, and have never had a problem stowing my rolling carryon personally. It doesn't go down the aisle on the carryon anyway, so if the carryon had to be gate-checked, not a big loss.

squishles10

I clip the LATCH connectors around the suitcase and attach the tether to that loop through the suitcase handle. No need to buy anything else, assuming your straps are long enough.

Eclipsepearl

have never had a problem stowing my rolling carryon personally

You may not have but on a full flight, there's just not enough room when everyone and their hamster brings one on board. Those after you might have struggled (especially if you were able to preboard and/or get on early). When we had to gate-check bags, those were the first ones we grabbed so anyone who insists on bringing a rolly on board know this, in all fairness!

Also with children, it's better to have your things at your feet. Easier than standing up, pulling the whole darned thing down, unzipping... Just not convenient especially on really long flights. Better to use a tote or backpack and stuff it in front of the seat in front of you-or even better, in front of the child's seat (since they don't really need the legroom).

Of course, often for those of you who have the luxury of flying with the other parent, one can bring a rolly and the other a backpack. Just organize your things in mind with the possibility of having to "give up" the rolly bag.

Since most airlines are charging for checked bags domestically these days, people want to bring as much as possible on board that they can. Just keep in mind that it might not all fit and don't put your lap top or any other delicate and/or necessary item at risk because last minute, some F/A grabs your bag. I always asked "Computer? Camera? medications??" before I sent it forward but not all will.

TyAndCheyMommy

One thing with the things that strap a car seat on a rolling bag- make sure you are not buying the really cheap luggage.
I had an old one from my mother that was really well made that worked wonderfully. It got lost and never returned.
I bought a cheap set I found on sale at Sears. It did not work. The wheels wouldn't turn with the car seat on it. The handle would have snapped had I tried to put a child in the seat.

In this case- quality is the key.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC