ABC Expo 2011: What’s New from Graco - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

BabyKaykes

Re: ABC Expo 2011: What’s New from Graco - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

I still love, Love, LOVE the pull-strap LATCH. Several people I know can't use LATCH because of hand-strength issues. Do you guys know how easy/hard was it to disengage LATCH?

Also, the new TB, is the back still super flimsy? Mine falls apart way too easily.

Decisions, decisions...MySize? Pria? Foonf?

ADS

njkj

Re: ABC Expo 2011: What’s New from Graco - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Is the pull strap LATCH only used in FF mode on the My Size?

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

Is the pull strap LATCH only used in FF mode on the My Size?

*Blog edited to reflect some corrections/clarification from Graco. One of the issues they clarified was the "In Right" LATCH connectors. Aparently, these will be available on both the RF & FF LATCH straps! :thumbsup:

AnnaC

Cool stuff!

I'm fairly new to all this- is it common for companies to upgrade existing seats like they're doing with the Turbobooster, and like they've done a couple of times with the My Ride now?

And is it just me, or are the My Ride and My Size going to get mixed up a lot? :thumbsdown:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

And is it just me, or are the My Ride and My Size going to get mixed up a lot? :thumbsdown:
Graco likes to mix people up. ;) SnugRide, SnugRide32, SnugRide30, SnugRide35, SafeSeat1, SafeSeat2....:ROTFLMAO:

Spam

any chance the myride and mysize will puzzle nicely? Many great improvements, happy about the new insert on the sr35.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Kecia and Darren, I emailed Graco Canada to see if we were also getting the change to 4# and new infant insert like the U.S. They told me that as far as they were aware, the U.S. SR35 was NOT changing weight minimum, it would still be 5# and only the SR30 (not available in Canada) would start at 4#. I asked them about the info presented at ABC and they got back to me later saying that they have verified with Graco U.S.A. that the new U.S. SnugRide35 will NOT start at 4# and will start at 5# like it always did.

Can you look into this with your Graco contact? Seems odd they would present something at ABC that wasn't true. So, I'd like to find out where the disconnect is.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

As luck would have it, Kecia is meeting with the low birthweight experts at Graco today, I will text her for clarification!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
CPSDarren said:
As luck would have it, Kecia is meeting with the low birthweight experts at Graco today, I will text her for clarification!

Perfect! Thanks so much!

They also told me that there is no anti-rebound position for the handle on the Canadian seats (handle still allowed in positions A, C and D) and I'm skeptical on that too. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Lemonade

Any chance for another harness slot on the 'classic'? Why would they make it go to 50# with such short harness heights? It's such a small seat overall. I can't imagine my 31# 3 yr old in it, let alone a 50# child. But I guess I can't imagine a 70 pound child in a Britax convertible so maybe there's no point to this.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

They (2 people showing me at ABC) were pretty emphatic and proud that the insert allows the SR 35 to start at 4 lbs.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

They (2 people showing me at ABC) were pretty emphatic and proud that the insert allows the SR 35 to start at 4 lbs.
Who do they send to ABC? If changes like this are happening, they really need to share them with the approrpriate people. Because people on the internet knowing before the rest of the company is just not right. :ROTFLMAO:

What also bugs me is that I am being told there are absolutely no changes to the lower weight limit on either the Canadian or U.S. seat rather than them telling me, "we haven't heard of those changes", or "not that I'm aware of at this point", something that at least leaves the possibility open.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Who do they send to ABC? If changes like this are happening, they really need to share them with the approrpriate people. Because people on the internet knowing before the rest of the company is just not right. :ROTFLMAO:

What also bugs me is that I am being told there are absolutely no changes to the lower weight limit on either the Canadian or U.S. seat rather than them telling me, "we haven't heard of those changes", or "not that I'm aware of at this point", something that at least leaves the possibility open.

It's usually their sales and marketing team. I wish I had thought to take a pic of the sign!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

It's usually their sales and marketing team. I wish I had thought to take a pic of the sign!
I would have loved to send that back to Graco Canada and cc Graco U.S.A.! Right now I'm patiently waiting for Kecia to verify everything before I send them a message saying they are wrong! :ROTFLMAO:

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor

Actually, tonight was just dinner. Meeting is tomorrow. I will get the scoop on the SR35 (Canadian models too, if possible) and post it here. As Heather mentioned, it was pretty clear at ABC that this was a reality - not just a concept.

I haven't asked but there's no way they're going to add another harness slot to the ComfortSport or Classic Ride. Changing the mold is a huge expense that I doubt could be justified.

Anyhow, I'll post an update tomorrow night when I'm home.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Alas, I have a photo but it didn't show the marketing sign or any labels. Kecia just sent me a text saying that the 4 pound SnugRide 35 is shipping now to the USA and coming soon to Canada. The SR30 will ship to Canada in January.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Alas, I have a photo but it didn't show the marketing sign or any labels. Kecia just sent me a text saying that the 4 pound SnugRide 35 is shipping now to the USA and coming soon to Canada. The SR30 will ship to Canada in January.
I'd like to send Graco Canada a short, quick reply letting them know that the info they provided me was incorrect. I'd like to mention who they should speak with to obtain the correct information. Can I share with them the name of the group that Kecia met with? I don't need specific names, just something like "the sales and marketing team" or whatever they are called? If that's okay, can you tell me what the group is called?

Thanks Darren and thanks Kecia!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Kecia would have to answer, I don't know that it was a specific group that met with her today. I will pass this thread on to Graco, though, if they haven't seen it already!

ninejr

CPSDarren said:

I would be so happy if the SR30 was up here! Hopefully it will be stand alone.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

Hopefully we will be able to share some more about the fit of the various Graco infant seat models with low birthweight infants after today!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC