Sunshine Kids Monterey

C

confoundit

Okay anyone have any idea when this seat will be availiable? I heard March first, then May....and some posts are saying the summer?! I have been putting off buying a booster because I really want this one for DD. It's exhausting switching vehicles with hubby everyday to get the right seats! BAH! Anyone? :)

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Nicole, I swear, you gotta keep me straight! I have been sooooo good lately, looking at Canadian threads and not saying anything! So sorry!

lil96

I just got an email from someone (SK employee) saying they are already available and asked me if I wanted to order/need help.
I came here looking for more info on it :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I just got an email from someone (SK employee) saying they are already available and asked me if I wanted to order/need help.
I came here looking for more info on it :)

My guess would be that the person helping you didn't realize you were in Canada. They are available in the US already, just not in Canada yet.

April

Well, I emailed Russ for an update, and it doesn't look promising... Here's the email I got back from him:

"April,

We are selling Monterey in US and Europe and Monterey more than meets Canadian standards (basically the same as US)…But we are still waiting to hear back from Transport Canada. We expected to hear back by now, but we have not. I wish (for us, too!) I could give you a date…but we are just waiting.
It’s very frustrating for us, as well.

Best regards,
Russ Berger

Sunshine Kids
3104 142nd Ave. East
Suite 105
Sumner, WA 98390
"

So I doubt that its going to be here by July:(

Last edited by a moderator:

April

This seat is now available for purchase in Canada. Check out T.J.'s stores in B.C. I am assuming they are in stock as the distributor runs these stores. Also, you can see who is a retailer by visiting http://www.pjmdistribution.com/information.php?info_id=6 (which is the distributor website.)

Did you actually see them at a TJ's location???? The Monterey has been on the PJM website since February, but that doesn't mean that its available at TJs now. That's who TJs gets them from but I was there on Friday and they said within the next two weeks they'd have them.

snowbird25ca

Did you actually see them at a TJ's location???? The Monterey has been on the PJM website since February, but that doesn't mean that its available at TJs now. That's who TJs gets them from but I was there on Friday and they said within the next two weeks they'd have them.

Wendy is a retailer of the Monterey and has been told they are here and ready for shipment. So I would feel pretty confident that TJ's must have them. As to whether they're available for purchase from them yet or not - ie on their store shelves, I couldn't say. But they're here in Canada anyways.

QuassEE

Aigh, I barely made it out the door on time for school today so I didn't get to stop by TJs to confirm whether or not this is on the shelves. Now it'll have to wait until I can come into town again. :( I'm totally debating between a Monterey and a TrueFit, too.

-N.

QuassEE

TJs Kids told me that they do not have any in their warehouse at their primary location in Vancouver. I suspect they do have them, but have set a release date to coincide with their retailers. According to Brad, they will be available "the week of October 1st."

-Nicole.

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Yeah - they do have them, but there is a slight labeling problem (more than what was discussed before). I suspect that Brad is waiting for the new label so that they can be put on the shelves. I would guess that they willl be getting them by the weekend and putting them on over the weekend. SSK forgot something.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC