Britax Pinnacle 90 and Britax Frontier 90

ADS

Athena

Re: Britax Pinnacle 90

Oh no! I just bought a booster! (haven't used it yet) What to do?!

Love the look of the cactus flower and broadway, but I doubt I'd consider the SICT and I wonder how they feel. I don't think it looks that different than the 85, or are you talking about the SICT?

Speaking of boosters, I really wish I knew if they'd be coming out with a new booster. Seriously, I don't know what to do. I had enough trouble making the decision without this possible new option with too many unknowns to know anything, really.

I hope to be able to share more as soon as possible!

Amazon may have spilled the beans, but they didn't give much for details...

Does that mean it's even more exciting? What are you doing to me?! When? When? :D

Lock offs? One can only hope!

I guess I'm in the minority, but I prefer a simple locking belt install. However, if they're optional ... ;)

Athena

20.5" it was in the description.

I'm trying to focus on the fact that it's only a 1/2 inch taller. But I still think I'll want it and won't be able to afford to replace my 85s, especially after this change probably decreases the 85's price, thus resale price as well. :(

glockchick

I'm going to save up for it for the safe cell technology. I'd much rather have the boy have that in my suburban since I can't tether.

MommyShannon

Where'd you see that? Is it as tall as the FR 85?

Direct links are still working. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BEVF1XA/ref=mw_dp_ra2?pi=SY125?tag=carseatorg-20&tag=carseatorg-20"]Britax Frontier 90 Booster Car Seat, Cactus Flower:Amazon:Baby[/ame]
Under Details it says 20.5" so as tall or taller.

Phineasmama

I really really love that cactus flower print, but I don't really have a need for DD1 to be harnessed anymore. She is doing so great in a booster, even on long trips! I might consider the Zebra one for DS though. I have been begging them to make a Zebra FR85 for a while :eek:

PikkuMyy

This is HORRIBLE news. ;) It's a seat my 6 year old would still fit but doesn't need. He rides in a Frontier 85 in my car. I'll try to tell myself he doesn't need a new seat. lol

Syllieann

I want to see the boyish prints. :(

There was one called cityscape that had a geometric navy and tan and one that was silver and black, sort of like onyx. Those were the only boyish or gn patterns I recall. I hope there will be more when they actually release them.

glockchick

I think it is. DS had a zebra BLVD and it doesn't look girly at all IMO. I'd call it very gender neutral.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Why does nobody think Zebra is boyish? :confused:

Oh, I think it's completely gender neutral.

When I say "boyish" I mean something other than pink, black, or grey. It seems like seats only come in those colors. The girls have flowers but there are never any sports or trucks or anything. :(

christineka

Oh, I think it's completely gender neutral.

When I say "boyish" I mean something other than pink, black, or grey. It seems like seats only come in those colors. The girls have flowers but there are never any sports or trucks or anything. :(

the "boy" prints you all mention are really short lived, wheras flowers are appropriate for girls from birth till 101 years old. Trucks are only an interest for a few years in the grand scheme of things. I just want solid colors that aren't pink. (Red, Orange, green, blue, purple)

skylinphoto

Yeah, my 6 year old wouldnt be very happy with trucks, sports, or dinos n such. Maybe a few years ago..

Id love to see grown up boy prints like cool colored graffiti, skulls, or like a solid with an asymetrical vertical stripe on one side. I dont know. But more interesting boy prints would rock.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

Kegracin

They could bring the NCAA covers back....or just orange or green.

I do hope they have zebra or flowers on a booster though...I'm not seeing DH agreeing to a new FR just so I can zebra or flowers.

Lemonade

The description said something about up front recline. Much better than flipping that recline paddle. I've helped a couple of friends with 85s and no one has it flipped correctly for harness.

Love that the harness height can be adjusted without uninstalling. For those whose cars don't have reclining seat backs to stick your hand back there. Looks like they took some good things about the BLVD and put them on the FR. Unfortunately I need a new harnessed seat like I need a giant, gaping hole in my head though.

I hope it's really not 30 lbs. That would be insane. And really exempt most people from using latch at all ever if the seat has a starting child weight of 25 pounds. Though then they could just not put latch on the seat at all.

If they can't up the latch limits to like 100lbs, I think only infant seats should come lower anchor equipped so there is no mistaking the limits. I'm not talking top tether here - just lower anchors. All convert's and FFing only should be seatbelt installs with top tethers to some high max. I know latch is supposed to simplify but it has just made everything way more confusing to the everyday parent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC