Recommended Carseats - Your turn!

ADS

bubbaray

We just did this recently: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=235913

ETA My prior answers are the same, Canadian specific:

Infant: Snugride -- readily available and cheap
Convertible (budget): Scenara -- cheap and readily available. Good for travel due to light weight
Convertible: any of the Britax convertibles for ease of install and ease of use in a wide variety of vehicles
Combination (budget): Maestro
Combination: Frontier for longevity and comfort
Booster (budget): HB Turbo Booster -- cheap, readily available and fits little kids well
Booster: Parkway for longevity and use without headrest
LBB: Harmony -- cheap and no screws!

christineka

Infant seats:
dorel Comfy carry
onboard (air version as well)
graco snugride 30
snugride 35
click connect 40
Evenflo embrace 35
chicco keyfit
Britax chaperone
combi shuttle 35

Convertibles:
dorel scenera
apt
guide
complete air
graco myride
evenflo triumph
tribute
diono radian:love:

Combos:
evenflo maestro
secure kid 300/400
graco nautilus/argus
Britax frontier 85
kidsembrace batman seat

high back Boosters:
Dorel boost air
pronto
Graco turbo/affix/ss
Evenflo big kid sport/high back amp
(Maybe that new deluxe booster too?)
recaro probooster
vivo
compass b570
britax parkway sgl
diono monterey

backless boosters:
harmony literider
cruz
olympian
evenflo amp
graco turbo
diono santa fe

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Infant buckets I recommend usually include:
Britax B-Safe, Chicco Keyfit 30, Combi Shuttle 35, Cybex Aton, Graco SnugRide 35, Safety 1st OnBoard Air 35, Safety 1st Comfy Carry Elite/Elite Plus.

Convertibles I recommend usually include:
Cosco Apt, Cosco Scenera, Diono Radians, Eddie Bauer Sport Convertible (which replaces the Cosco Scenera 40RF), Graco MyRides, Graco Size4Me/MySize 70, Maxi-Cosi Pria, Safety 1st Guide 65, Safety 1st Complete Air, Safety 1st OnSide Air, Evenflo Triumph 65, Evenflo Tribute, Evenflo Momentum, Peg Perego Convertible.

Combinations I recommend usually include:
Britax Frontier 85, Graco Nautilus, Graco Argos, Evenflo Maestro, Evenflo SecureKid 300 and 400.

Boosters I recommend usually include:
BubbleBum, Graco TurboBooster (high back and backless), Graco High Back Booster with Safety Surround, Britax Parkway SG and SG-L, Evenflo Amp high back and backless, Cosco Pronto, Clek Oobr, Diono Santa Fe, Safety 1st BoostAir Protect, Harmony LiteRider/YouthBooster, Harmony Cruz/V6, Harmony Olympian/Secure Booster, Recaro Vivo, Recaro ProBooster.

Other restraints I recommend are the Ride Safer Travel Vests.

There are occasions when I recommend something different but generally I don't OFTEN recommend ones not on that list.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Evenflo Tribute for a convertible. Has a 40lb RF limit now, too. (and a wide, deep seat for chubbier, shorter kiddos). Wide belt paths for easy seatbelt installs, recline foot that fills the gap under the seat and may reduce the need for a rolled towel or noodle.
Evenflo Symphony for a three-in-one. Generally easy install, good belt fit as a booster.
Secure Kid 400 for cars with LATCH, it's so easy to move from car to car.

Pixels

I can't recommend Evenflo convertibles with their 37" max for rear facing. Love that they have 4 and 40 minimums for boosters now, though.

I don't have much to add to PPs' lists. I'll recommend all three flavors of Turbo (regular, Safety Surround, and Affix). The True Fit is still a great seat, even though it "only" has a 35 pound RF limit - most people don't RF that long anyway, and there are plenty of kids who are light.

Phineasmama

I just have to say...I know the Peg convertible is expensive but I am really loving it :eek: It has a little more leg room than the Britax convertibles but all the other features I love about Britax, including the super nice (non twisty) harness and buckles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC