News Chicco Nextfit Video

HayleyCPST

Found this introduction video by Chicco about the new Nextfit coming out.

I liked how they showed older toddlers (approaching 2 or just turned) rear facing and all of the children were properly harnessed! (Except the little girl with the teddy bear the harness could be a tad tighter)

Some of the innovative features:
- ReclineSure provides 9 positions to adjust the recline for a good fit. No rolled up towel needed!

- RideRight is a bubble level indicator, similar to the Keyfit. Except now there are 2 indicators for RF and FF. There is some overlap for a more upright RF install or a more reclined FF install.

- SuperCinch: I'm happy they kept the cinch idea from the infant seat and carried it through to the convertible. You basically just hook one lower anchor and pull slack out (similar to britax). Attach the second anchor and pull the strap DOWN, which tightens the strap. No need to route the strap through the cover and sit in the seat! Genius!

- FlowThrough: The LATCH straps can easily be moved from the front of the car seat (for RF) to the back of the car seat (for FF) by just sliding them back. Looks very easy and no need to switch them or anything. They use IMMI lower anchors identical to Britax.

- Cup holder! Not sure if this comes with or is an additional accessory.

Features from carseatblog and Wendy:
-ETA: Lowest slots at 5.5" (7.5" without insert), highest slot at 17.5", with a total shell height of 25.5"
- 50" height limit
- RF 5-40, FF 22-65.
- Harness gets wider as it goes up to accommodate older and bigger kids (with bigger necks and shoulders).
- infant insert to be used up to 11lbs.
- 2 notches on the chest clip for a bigger or smaller kiddo.
- 2 positions for the crotch strap at 3.5" with infant insert.

It also has a cubby on each side to store the lower anchors when not in use. I'm very impressed with this seat. It looks like it fits very well to the car seat itself with no damaging indentations (Like the Snugride 22).

Enjoy!

http://vimeo.com/51139695 <- I think this guy that posted it is a film maker or editor. Check out his other Chicco videos.
Wendy's details: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=228937

Last edited:
ADS

Phineasmama

Love the integrated belt path, cinch safe thing, latch storage compartment, love the recline...

If it comes in cute colors I will probably buy one :)

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I'm very excited about this! I hope it's available by next summer when my little is going to need it!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The other thread says 25.5". If that's a typo, I will be ridiculously happy.:D

If it's the first thread I posted about this at KIM, go by that. The numbers were fresh in my mind then, and now they're two months old. And remembering if it's a 26.5" shell height or a 26.5" seated height is getting fuzzy.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's about 18.5" wide.

It has a lot in common with the Size4Me. But Chicco instead of Graco (I love Graco, but Chicco is *always* more polished. Hence the price tag).

Though now that you mention it, I wonder if they've had people going back and forth. The Click Connect 40 looks like a Snugride/Keyfit love child.

Wendy

Phineasmama

The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was it looked like it would be very hard for an older RFing child to climb in on their own, it looks like the shell is pretty deep in the leg area and all up the sides.

Carolinadaisy

Oh, it did not occur to me to think about ease of an older child to climb into it.....hmmm. Ds2 will be 2 by the time I would consider purchasing. Maybe we will go back to thinking about radians.....but I love the ease of chicco seats!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't know that most kids will have a problem. Laine can climb into her True Fit, which is kind of the same deal (deep on all sides, but not terribly high). And she has to climb up into the captain's chair and then into the seat.

Wendy

Carolinadaisy

I have an Altima and not a can yet. Do you think super cinch will be as easy to install in a car as on a captains chair? I am wondering about pulling the second strap down if he is rf behind the passenger.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
It's pretty darn tall. I measured the lowest and highest harness settings. There is a great infant insert that is required to 11 lbs that boosts baby's bum up so that they are more reclined within the seat. I don't have the specs or my pictures right now since my plane left Midway without my suitcases. I was really impressed with the SuperCinch, the only thing easier than that is SureLATCH or the self cinching LATCH that the Mesa will have. I was able to get a nice, tight install without pushing down on the seat at all to tighten. I was at a weird angle and pulled down and it was rock the car tight. It is going to be newborn appropriate, I want to say that our 4 lb Huggable Images doll fit well in it. I took several pictures and will have a blog post at some point when my bags turn up.

The test seats that the NextFits were installed on were similar to captain's chairs. I think it will work fine in a captain's chair. It is also not very big front to back so it should fit in smaller back seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC