Pics of Gavin (my big 2y 8m old) in our road side infant seat find!

zactayaus

Rescued this seat from the side of the road. It is an Onboard 35. It has a DOM of 5/09. It was disgustingly dirty but I cleaned it all up (even put the harness in the wash;)) and it will be used as a demo seat for the car seat portion of our Baby Basics program at work (no actual baby's will be in this seat, just dolls). It came out sparkly clean (I have before pics if anyone is interested) and Gavin loved it.

ETA: The grimy before pics of the seat are in post #12.

I will start out by saying this does not look like that big of a seat after using an SS1 with Gavin but, um, Gavin almost fit in it and he outgrew his SS1 at around 10mo!:eek:

Gavin weighs in at 34.5lbs fully clothed and he is about 38" tall.

103_0371.jpg

103_0369.jpg

103_0370.jpg

103_0386.jpg

103_0372.jpg

Seat tilted upright.
103_0364.jpg

The harness slots weren't even that far down behind his shoulders!
103_0374.jpg

And him loving the crazy ride I was giving him in the seat.:p
103_0363.jpg

And for size reference here is Gavin in one of his classic MA's:
103_0396.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

EmmaGrace'sMom

You might keep an eye on your CL to make sure someone didn't leave it by accident. One of the girls on Stroller Swap left her stroller by accident beside the road, otherwise I wouldn't think about someone leaving on accident. It looks to be well cared for!

zactayaus

You might keep an eye on your CL to make sure someone didn't leave it by accident. One of the girls on Stroller Swap left her stroller by accident beside the road, otherwise I wouldn't think about someone leaving on accident. It looks to be well cared for!

Nope, it was on top of a pile of trash and it was disgustingly dirty. I took it completely apart, threw the cover, canopy, and harness (it will not be used with a real baby) in the washer, and I scrubbed the seat down. That's why it looks well cared for.;)

EmmaGrace'sMom

Nope, it was on top of a pile of trash and it was disgustingly dirty. I took it completely apart, threw the cover, canopy, and harness (it will not be used with a real baby) in the washer, and I scrubbed the seat down. That's why it looks well cared for.;)

Gotcha :p thought I'd mention it just in case!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
That's a really cute seat all cleaned up! And it looks like Gavin had an absolute ball playing with it!

keri1292

Ew! I'm hoping the yuck is from sitting in the trash and not when a bambino was in there. Ick. I can't believe how he fits in that seat. And I can't believe how big he looks. Slow down kiddo! :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC