SKJP has a new name, new seats - Diono RXT

gsdguenter

Well if SKJP/Diono is watching:

1. 50 lbs. seems a bit high for a minimum, but I like the idea of having a minimum. How about 40 lbs?

2. It would be REALLY cool if the headrest was adjustable, because I can see this being like the Maestro in that it is outgrown in booster mode at the same time as the harness. Kind of useless then as a 3-in-1.

3. Please don't make it cost more than the current XTSLs, or at least not a lot more

4. Please make this rfing toddler boot/wedge retroactive for current XTSLs

That's it for now :)

ADS

ElfJewel

My kids could never use it as a booster. My 5yo is at the top slots FF, and she is only 35 lbs. My 7yo is not even 50 lbs yet. Kids would have to be very short and heavy to use it if it doesn't go any higher. 40 lbs and 5 yrs would be a better minimum.
I really hope the toddler wedge can be used on the older Radians. It would be great if they could be installed less reclined.

fyrfightermomma

Wow. E has like 1/2" and isn't 40 lbs yet at 6. Not realistic at all. Many kids aren't 50 lbs until 7-9 years old, and there is no way in high heaven most of those kids are gonna fit in a radian

bnsnyde

A wedge that can be used with current XTSL seats, and I'm one happy momma!

We could actually use the Radians in more places if we had a way to get them more upright RF.

And, we need a high-back booster that can fit 3 in a row easily. Something that can get the kid to age 10, at least.

They could probably even sell a separate booster that does that. Sooooo many moms need three in a row that I'm sure that would be a hit.

The Monterrey is way too wide for that.

Mags462

Okay, i am not a tech nor an engineer - but why not just allow people to install the RN's w/out the boot RF?? That would solve the recline issue - if i could install it w/out using the boot it would be perfect! It also would make it so they wouldn't have to go to the expense of including another piece!

Just thinking out loud :whistle:

canmom

:yeahthatlove:

I really hope they can reconsider the adjustable headrest and the 50lbs min for booster mode, I just don't think that will work for most kids.

Sorry if it has already come up... but is the seat still a steel reinforced frame?

finn

ds is 40lbs, 4.5 & even with the top slots, his shoulders are just under the head wings (I dont think they go up any further but I could check) so he will outgrow it by 5 i'd say and there is no way he is going to gain 10lbs in half a year, so the booster would be useless to us.

I wold however love the pink polka dot cover for dd :)

Phineasmama

Yeah if there was a different boot that would allow me to get an upright install...it would be amazing!

I have a Honda CR-V and my vehicle seats are VERY flat so it over reclines like crazy :thumbsdown:
Works great FFing though!

birdflippin'

So, from what I'm understanding, they won't be making just the regular convertible Radians? They'll all be 3 in 1s? What if I don't want to buy the 3 in 1 and want just want a convertible, will I be able to do that in 2012 with the new CMVSS?

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
They are also creating a foam wedge for children of a minimum weight and age that don't have special needs. It will go under the butt of the RF seat to help make the seat more upright and gain front seat room.

The butt if the seat? Not the bight?

So like...forcing a bit of a rebound?

Holly

And, we need a high-back booster that can fit 3 in a row easily. Something that can get the kid to age 10, at least.

They could probably even sell a separate booster that does that. Sooooo many moms need three in a row that I'm sure that would be a hit.

The Monterrey is way too wide for that.

Yes! A narrow booster that fits 3 across well, and one that is easy to buckle when you have 3 across too.
I can fit a turbo booster in my car with 2 radians but it can't be buckled easily, it's such a pain. A narrow booster that somehow is easy to buckle when there is another seat right next to it (or inbetween two seats) would be fabulous! Maybe flip up arm rests so they are out of the way for buckling, or just anything that allows for easy buckling would be great.
I actually can get a Monterey to fit in my car with a 3 across, but it's too wide for my daughter and she doesn't fit right. I think they need to keep the Monterey because it's the perfect booster for lots of kids who need it, but they need a narrow easy to buckle booster that fits skinny kids well too.

ETA, I should have mentioned, the monterey did fit in my car but it was so much harder to buckle than the turbo booser, so even if it had been the right size booster for my dd, it still would have been a huge pain. We need high back boosters that not only fit 3 across, but are simple to buckle that way too.

Last edited:

Jessica61624

Holly said:
Yes! A narrow booster that fits 3 across well, and one that is easy to buckle when you have 3 across too.
I can fit a turbo booster in my car with 2 radians but it can't be buckled easily, it's such a pain. A narrow booster that somehow is easy to buckle when there is another seat right next to it (or inbetween two seats) would be fabulous! Maybe flip up arm rests so they are out of the way for buckling, or just anything that allows for easy buckling would be great.
I actually can get a Monterey to fit in my car with a 3 across, but it's too wide for my daughter and she doesn't fit right. I think they need to keep the Monterey because it's the perfect booster for lots of kids who need it, but they need a narrow easy to buckle booster that fits skinny kids well too.

I got 3 across also with it. It wasn't fun to buckle but it worked!

bnsnyde

I mean 3 high-back boosters (same) in a row.
If I have an 8, 9 and 10-year-old, for example.

The key would be a creative belt path that somehow allows for an easy buckle.

Holly

I mean 3 high-back boosters (same) in a row.
If I have an 8, 9 and 10-year-old, for example.

The key would be a creative belt path that somehow allows for an easy buckle.

Yes, that too! I have no idea when we're going to be able to get a van, so we may have two of my three in high back boosters at the same time in a 3 across, maybe even all three of them (I sure hope we can get a van before the youngest has to move to a booster!)

Pixels

Okay, i am not a tech nor an engineer - but why not just allow people to install the RN's w/out the boot RF?? That would solve the recline issue - if i could install it w/out using the boot it would be perfect! It also would make it so they wouldn't have to go to the expense of including another piece!

Just thinking out loud :whistle:

1) The belt path is already so low that it causes compatibility problems and installation difficulty. Removing the boot lowers the belt path significantly more.

2) The seat is completely unstable without the boot. I've done a test install (kid never sat in the seat, let alone rode in it).

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
The butt if the seat? Not the bight?

So like...forcing a bit of a rebound?

This is the part that is my question - we always stress not to put anything under that part of the carseat, only at the bight. I cannot imagine the misuse that could arise from being required to use the boot (that is not attached to the seat) and having the option to use another part that is also not attached to the seat.

I am so interested to see the new changes - I hate to judge it too much with just a few details. Should be interesting when it comes out!

Kat_Momof3

great... a seat that allows any kind of wedge under the butt of the seat...

just makes me think it will encourage those "DIY" dads who get way too creative...

I can just see the pieces of wood when the foam wedge is too squishy being put in there.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Alright. Diono is watching. They have read this thread.

It's a pretty safe assumption that most manufacturers have representatives that monitor this forum, anywhere from ocassionally to regularly. Some are members, some are visitors. Like may manufacturers of any kind of product, they also have automated internet searches to scan feedback and comments from any forum, website, blog, etc.

This is one reason why some types of comments are more appropriate for the community forums.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC