New 2011 Honda Odyssey pics are up

ADS

I'm not seeing the LATCH in all 3 positions in 2nd row, but that's what some other people said. I'm just trying to count by that stupid moving picture. Makes it sorta hard to see detail.

I'm not sure if they're inferring, or what.

The great thing is, even if the middle doesn't have LATCH, 3 in a row is definitely possible cuz you can slide the outboard seats further out to give the middle seat more room.

I am about 99% sure I count 6 tether anchors tho. That's double what the 2011 Sienna has.

lovinwaves

I would it for that "8th seat" to have a top tether. That seat is actually very usable :thumbsup: And I have found many car seats that will install just fine there.

lovinwaves

Phone call #1:

Her: "The second row is latch capable. That is it." me: "I'm asking about the '8th seat'" her: "no latch" me: "Does it have a top tether." her: "yes it has a top tether. DO you want me to send a brochure to you? Oh wait, I can't you need to call back and press option #4 they can send you one."

Phone call #2:

her: "I can't help you with a brochure, that is option #5, no wait #6 let me transfer you." me: "No WAIT! Can you help me with some questions about the new Odyssey?" her: "sure, what is your VIN #." me: "Why do you need my vin #? I just have some general questions about the new odyssey." her: "oh okay, what is your address then and name and phone number?" me: "again, why do you need that info from me?" her: "ok, well let me put you on hold while I pull up the new ody info for you." **waiting 5 minutes** her: "oh sorry I can't find that info for you, can you call back and ask for someone else?"

Phone call #3: her: "6 Top tethers (3 in second row, and 3 in 3rd row). LATCH in 2nd row outboard ONLY, LATCH in 3rd row middle ONLY."
"Odyssey will be available September-late September.

I just typed all this out because I found it incredibly amusing :ROTFLMAO:

SavsMom

I see that they took some of the Sienna's perks (dual view entertainment) - Toyota had better step up their game in regards to the 8th seat and their lack of top tethers!

Jennifer mom to my 7

•LATCH child seat anchors in five seating positions, including three positions in the second row to accommodate three child seats simultaneously

THis is the bullet point in the other thread link from a couple of days ago.

MySillyKids

BLUE lighted GAUGES. :love: :love:

I've been fine with my current ody, but those blue GAUGES. omg omg.

Not feeling the non painted mirrors :( (thats usually a trim level issue, i hope)

lovinwaves

Something isn't right. They say 5 LATCH seats. Doesn't make any sense.

That fact sheet was for a Touring Elite as well...wonder how it compares to a regular model....I am going to keep looking.

ETA: Found this as well:
The primary mode offers the maximum amount of head and shoulder room, but we wanted to offer even more functional and flexible seating configurations, so we took advantage of the wider exterior, and created the second seating configuration called "Wide Mode" seating. Here, both outboard seats move almost two inches, allowing us to fit among the largest child seats in the market in all three seats, and each seat has its own child seat anchors.

Also, the new van is wider, so the 3rd row provides more width for car seat installations.

TXDani

Senior Community Member

Not feeling the non painted mirrors :( (thats usually a trim level issue, i hope)

That's what I was hoping until I saw a picture of the "Touring elite" with out painted mirrors. It will probably be something they do on the 2-3 year refresh. But gah they are ugly on the stock photos!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I see larger blind spots with the narrower rear glass. It also looks like they've gone to a removable center console, rather than the handy folding one:-( I like the styling from the front and side, but the rear is about as ugly as mine.

Not sure if someone mentioned it, but the second video at the link in the first post also says "up to 5 LATCH seating positions". And "Select models can hold up to three of the largest child seats on the market [in the second row]. This video confirms it http://www.hondanews.com/categories/912/search/1528;video?q=11odysseyEng&s=honda# .

Coolbox, trash bag ring and AC outlet are all nice gimmicks.

I don't see a new Odyssey in my future. My next car will definitely (well hopefully!) be a smaller hybrid or electric. And preferably one with perforated heated and air conditioned front seats. I really miss the cloth seats in my previous Odyssey. The leather in the new one is so hot and sweaty. GM's seat heating/cooling system in various models is awesome.

Even for those who don't buy the global warming or air pollution problems, the gulf oil spill should be a good wake up call for all of us who use far more gas than we need. As is, I drive DW's Prius whenever possible. It's amazing that 3 kids can fit in a midsize car! In our society, we seem to be told you have to have a minivan or monster SUV once you have kids lol. Maybe in 2 years when I'm ready the Odyssey will have a hybrid or someone will have a Mazda 5 size electric/hybrid...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Something isn't right. They say 5 LATCH seats. Doesn't make any sense.

That fact sheet was for a Touring Elite as well...wonder how it compares to a regular model....I am going to keep looking.

ETA: Found this as well:

Also, the new van is wider, so the 3rd row provides more width for car seat installations.

I wouldn't count on this. From the video, it looks like they've made it roomier at shoulder level, but it looks about the same at hip level due to the door motors and cupholders/armrests. They seem to say that it is targeted more for 3 adults or older kids. Funny thing is, they don't show it with 3 adults. They show it with one adult who takes up over one seat width himself, especially at shoulder level lol.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member

Oh yes, I lurve my blue gauges in my Fit :) So soothing at night, lulls me off to sleep...

(kidding)

The mirrors appear to be painted black, given their reflective qualities in a few shots. Going by the fact that the vans pictured have foglights and alloy rims, this might be what ya get :( Odd that my dinky little car has body-colored mirrors standard on the top two models and one of Honda's flagship models does not.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Having had both a Sienna and an Odyssey over this last few years, I thought for sure that I would replace my Odyssey with a 2011 or 2012 Odyssey.. now I'm less than sure. The Sienna interior is nicer (although the 8th seat is now useless whereas before it was quite useful) and the exterior look of the new Sienna beats the new Ody hands-down. I expected at least one mind-blowing gadget that Toyota didn't hit the market with, first. Nope.

Maybe I'll stick it out with the '08 Ody until I can downsize to a car ;)

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC