You'd think I wouldn't need help with this...

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
...but I do. I need a new RF seat for DS2. It's not like I don't know what my options are, but I'm indecisive and haven't really played with many of the newer options.

Situation: DS is 27 months old. He's just now getting into 2T shirts and is getting close to 1" from the shell of his Boulevard. (And we do go by shell, correct? Bummer.)

He's a lightweight, so I'm not concerned about high weight limits, just height.

This will be going in the captain's chair of a '10 Odyssey and will need to use LATCH (at least for now).

I have a Size4Me that I can use, but I don't love tightening it, and I'm a chronic tightener/loosener.

TrueFit is out.

Go!

ADS

Dorothy

NextFit! I have never used one nor will I ever need one, so I have to live vicariously through others. ;)

Posted using the app. :)

MommyShannon

I think I'd get a NextFit. I thought DD2 would outgrow the Britax seats sooner, but she's in 3t shirts and just now hitting the limit. She's 38". Why not the TF? I like the look of the new top piece on the SI. DD2 loves hers but tends to link her neck since the top is so wide on the TFP.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I think I'd get a NextFit. I thought DD2 would outgrow the Britax seats sooner, but she's in 3t shirts and just now hitting the limit. She's 38". Why not the TF? I like the look of the new top piece on the SI. DD2 loves hers but tends to link her neck since the top is so wide on the TFP.

I'll need to measure DS's head more accurately to see how close he is to outgrowing the BV because I'd love to keep him in it for as long as I can.

TrueFit is out because I despise the harness (twisty, hard to tighten) and the release lever is impossible to reach. (Well, hard for me, impossible for DH.) I also sort of hate the lockoffs. Just not my favorite.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you don't like the tightener on the S4M, I don't think you'll love the NextFit.

The Peg tightens really easily, but will only gain you an inch or two (depending how he sits and how it installs) over the Boulevard.

How do you feel about importing? :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm eh about importing. I don't want to pay a ton. Which reminds me the foonf is an option, but a pricey one.

Soooo, what seats do you love?

I love the Coccoro but it's a bit small now ;)

I love the Recaro Perfomance Sport, but it's FF. I would assume the Performance Ride would be similar, but probably too short?

I'm really liking the BV, but again, height.

jjordan

I am surprised that a kid who is just getting into 2T shirts could be that close to outgrowing the BV - my kids have been at the limit in 4T shirts.

Other than that I really have nothing to add - I've been wondering about what convertible I would get if I did get one for baby #4, but then I realized that at this point we have plenty of convertibles with lots of life left, so I might not end up buying another one ever. :( I was going to take a good, hard look at the Nextfit though! I haven't done much with it yet.

gigi

Mine is growing into 4t shirts and still has an inch or two of growth room, so you might have longer than you think! She is 37", 27 lbs, slightly large head. 4t/3t shirts, 3t pants.

nannykates

Britax classic? What are your rf goals? If you are loving the blvd, nextfit is really the most similar with higher limits. Radian?

Yeah im not that helpful.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
It's a BV70. I think, LOL. Is that what they had right before the G3s?

He'll RF until 4.

Like I said, I need to check how much actual room he has left. I had him in the G4 Advocate the other day and it looked like he was almost RIGHT AT 1" from the shell, but I also didn't measure that accurately either, since it's not our regular seat. But I assumed it's the same in the BV and keep forgetting to check.

MommyShannon

Did the G4 still have the new super thick infant cushion in? That'd make a big difference. I still vote NextFit since I really want one and can't justify it. Might as well get it now then when he outgrows the Britax but isn't 4 yet.

barefootmama

When I have to tighten my headwise, I clip the chest clip, bring the crotch buckles together, but do not fasten them. Then I tighten as necessary, after which I burkle the crotch buckle as normal. If I can't get it buckled, I have LO put his leg strait up against the seat back, that gets his thigh out of the way. If I suspect it is too tight then, I hold up the release lever, and have him take a big breath.

Most of the time I just leave it adjusted though.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I forgot to update. I measured DS in the BV, and from the looks of it, he's right there at an inch. But then I put the headrest down so it was even with the shell, and it turns out he has another 1.5 or maybe even 2 inches before he reaches the 1" mark. So hopefully we still have a long time in the BV because I don't want to change seats soon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC