Would you keep a Sit-and-Stand for $64?

lmd123

I was inspired by everyone's great Target clearance deals, and I went to our Target hoping to find a super car seat deal. No luck! But, I did grab a Sit-and-Stand LX (or, was it a deluxe??) for $64. Our oldest will be 3 when our second is born.

We don't tend to use strollers much, as DS would generally walk or ride in the Ergo. I don't imagine he'd want to sit much in a true double stroller, but I thought having the standing option for him might be nice for longer trips to the zoo/airports/etc.

I know it's not on most people's top 5 list for doubles, but do you think it'd be worth $64?

ADS

ELTD

I just bought the same stroller yesterday for the same reasons. I have a 7 mo and an almost 3 yo. We don't use a stroller often either, but I've discovered that when we do use it for our YDD, our ODD wants to be in it instead which leads to a meltdown. She doesn't REALLY want to ride the whole time, she just wants to because her sister is. I think being able to hop on the back and easily get off and walk will work well for us.

Mags462

Brand new for $64? Yes... i would keep it - just see if it is helpful.

I had one, used it frequently, but sold it on CL for $75 because it is a BEAST to push and steer. We walk a LOT, and it just wasn't cutting it anymore once my baby was more than 15lbs..... but for your stated reasons i would keep it and see if it proves useful to you. If you keep it in nice shape you should have no problems selling it for a slight profit ($70-$80) on CL if you don't end up liking it.

Oh and word to the wise - folding that thing is tricky, the basket gets in the way and the wheels have to be in a specific position for it to fold flat .... so practice a few times before you head out just so you aren't stuck in a parking lot thinking bad thoughts trying to figure it out ;)

Pixels

We aren't currently much of a stroller family, but I think we will be when DC#2 joins us. I bought a double just so I could have toddler containment when I'm out with two by myself.

HEVY

OMG, I read the title to be Sit & Spin :confused: All I kept thinking (page loaded slow) was that she spent $64 on a clearanced Sit & Spin, lol. Ok, I'm going to sleep.

jessi f

I would :thumbsup: I'm really glad we had ours. DS turned three a month after DD was born and he did really well in it. I wear Masyn a lot and DS likes to walk but when were were going to be out for a while its nice to have the option of letting them ride. And they have so much fun playing peak a boo with each other when theyre in it :love:

lmd123

Thanks, everyone! We will definitely keep it. Hmmm, I hadn't even thought about selling it for a profit on Craigslist after we're done with it.... that settles it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC