Would you be OK with this install?

remken

Its a snug ride 22 installed baseless into an 1993 Dodge Dakota P/U.

Not sure if its considered an extra cab or extended cab.

The seat is installed tight. I'm just not comfortable with how much of the child seat is on the vehicle seat. I said I would get some second opinions though.

Last edited:
ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Not sure what the overhang rule is with baseless infant seats (is it still 80%?) but personally, I would not be comfortable with that install. :twocents:

spokaneCPST

CPST Instructor
Eww, I am not comfortable at all wth that install either. Can it go outboard or in the front seat with the airbag turned off?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
A 1993 might not even have passenger side airbags. If it doesn't, or if it does have airbags with a switch, I'd be putting it up front.

remken

This question was for my oldest dd's ds. Her grandma had picked her up to spend a couple of hours with her. When I mentioned I wasn't comfortable with the install grandma started protesting stating its only a short distance, don't worry I will drive very careful. Like she can control what other drivers do. :rolleyes: I ended up taking her and baby in my car instead. Told grandma that I would ask here what others thought though. They do have a newer Subaru also if she wants to pick her up again.

4boysmom

Especially being it is a rear facing seat I really don't like that install. I'd say you are looking at around 50% overhang, perhaps more taking into consideration the seats overhang.

Maedze

You only need to count the amount of the seat that actually makes contact with the vehicle seat.

I'm not thrilled about the install, but it's not horrifying me, either. I see it right around 25%. Perhaps a hair over? Not acceptable, either way, of course.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC