Width of SK vs Diono Radian

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
My search skills fail me. Isn't there a slight difference in width between the Sunshine Kids and Diono Radians? The database gives two width measurements for one, and one width for the other, so I'm not sure if it represents the same thing.

Anyway, someone help me out?

ADS

amelia222

The Diono radian is slightly wider, but I'm not sure by how much. I figured that much out doing a check with 2 rxts and a xtxl. They would only fit 3 across with the sk radian in the middle.

christineka

It's wider down at the bottom, which makes it not puzzle as well as the sk. I measured the two seats and I think the diono was an inch wider, but you'd have to search for my report. I don't remember so well anymore.

amelia222

I seem to remember the shape of the bottom being a bit different. The red part on the Diono is definitely bigger than the same area on the SK.

canadiangie

It's the red belt guides. They make puzzling not as easy, and it's really rather irritating IME. I'm not sure how much wider the belt guides make the seat... I think of it more of a bit of extra width in a bad spot -- like right where the armrests of a Frontier would be, whereas before there was nothing there, if that makes sense.

arly1983

It's the red belt guides. They make puzzling not as easy, and it's really rather irritating IME. I'm not sure how much wider the belt guides make the seat... I think of it more of a bit of extra width in a bad spot -- like right where the armrests of a Frontier would be, whereas before there was nothing there, if that makes sense.

:yeahthatsad:

I first got a diono because I remembered the radian puzzling so well in tight places/with certain seats and it didn't work nearly as well. I finally found a SK one and it puzzles just like I remember. It seems to be the shape and depth of the red belt guides rather than the overall width changing so much.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC