Which would be better?

amie815

We currently have a 1997 Cavalier 2 door and a 2011 Malibu. We have one DD and our current car seats are an Evenflo Maestro and a Frontier 85. DD is almost 46 inches tall and 45 lbs. She is on the last slot on the Maestro. The Maestro was a horrid install in the Cavalier so that is on the Malbu and the Frontier is in the Cavalier. She is RARELY in the Cavalier. She is 100% not ready for a booster.

Since we are getting close to her outgrowing the Maestro we are trying to figure out which seat to purchase. Money is not an issue. We will purchase whatever is the best for her, but obviously if we could save some that is always a good thing. Here are what we are thinking.

Option one: Buy the new Frontier 90 and install that in the Malibu and leave the Frontier 85 in the Cavalier.

Option two: Buy a Graco Argos 70 and put that in the Malibu for now and leave the Frontier 85 in the Cavalier. When she outgrows that buy harness, move it to the Cavalier to use for occasional boostering and put the Frontier 85 in the Malibu. This is obviously dependent upon the fit in the Cavalier, but also buy that time DH would probably have a new car anyways.

Our concerns....would she be able to harness long enough in the Argos to get her to the point she would be ready to booster train? Also would the headrest push her head forward in the Argos and bother her? I also am wondering if the new features on the Frontier 90 are worth that being the best option. So I would like some opinions. Oh and she is in the center rear in both vehicles and needs to stay that way because she gets carsick if she is outboard.

ETA: We had her sit in a Graco Nauti today at Target and she would be on the slot below the top with hardly any growth room. She maybe 1/4 inch below the slot. I believe the Nauti and the Argos have the same slot heights. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also I know that installing can change how she fits on the slots, but would she typically end up lower or taller when installed?

ADS

amie815

I just realized Britax has the new Pioneer 70 that has the same slot height as the Graco Argos but has the new SafeCell which I really like. So we could put that one in the place of the Graco since I know that headrest wouldn't bother her.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If she's about to outgrow the Maestro the Nautilus/Argos/Pioneer/Harmony/SecureKid/ProSport are going to get you weeks to months harnessed. You'll need another Frontier, either 85 or 90, or a Pinnacle for her.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC