Which SUVs does the Britax Chaperone fit in?

U

Unregistered

Hello,

I'm due in November, and we have decided on the Britax Chaperone. My husband drives an Audi A6 - which has gigantic back seats so I'm not concerned about the fit in his car.

I will be getting a new vehicle soon, and am most interested in SUVs (mostly smaller SUVs like the CRV and new Mazda CX5 but am open to full size as well). I'm just hoping I can get some insight into which ones are known to fit the Chaperone so I can narrow my list down.

Thanks!!

ADS

Stelvis

The Chaperone is awfully long front to back, so its going to be a tough fit in many small SUVs, if you also want a front passenger. I would guess it would be tight in a CRV.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
In any compact car or SUV, you will almost certainly give up a lot of legroom if a rear-facing infant seat is installed behind the driver or passenger. A narrower infant or rear-facing convertible seat might not reduce front seat legroom as much if it can be installed in the center seat.

Some SUVs have 2nd row seats that slide fore and aft. While you may lose some cargo space or 3rd row legroom, that can help accommodate a rear-facing seat. If you really like a smaller model, you can always just live with less legroom for a while. Then, once baby is 3-6 months and can hold their head up unassisted, you can move them into a smaller rear-facing convertible seat and install it a little more upright. That can save a lot of legroom, too.

bpirof

My crv is tight with most longer seats, but the chicco Keyfit 30 fits wonderfully... My hubby and I are not tall people at all and we had to give up a lot of legroom with other seats we tried unless they were in the middle(which I'm guessing this seat would be) so in that case it might work?

katymyers

A friend of mine has a Volvo XC90 and used a Chaperone in her's that fit beautifully. Even with her being almost 6ft tall and long legged and her DH being well over that they both had plenty of legroom.

wnkw

I know this is a week or two old , but we've put ours in a 4-runner and enclave (crossover ).

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC