Question Which new seats?

Jordynsmama

Okay wow havent been here in a while! Aww where it all started:rolleyes: okay anyway..
so I am feeling its almost time for new seats for my twins. I dont know think I can loosen the straps on the seat for M anymore and it so tight on her. She is about 16 lbs or so now-probably 20 lbs by 6 months and plus we are buying the new stroller(baby jogger city of course) so wont be needing to keep them in buckets for that reason.
I dont like the sceneras and that was my cheap alternative. They are just so hard-the padding is horrible, and we are always on the go and they need a comfy seat ya know?
So those are fine for grammas car but I think I will either get an evenflo thiumph or a RA. I know an MA is better but they are so expensive and I need 2! PLus I kinda like how the RA's are a tad smaller. Its nice RF'ing.
I plan to have a van by then but we'll see.
Any other suiggestions?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
ETA is a great seat, or the True Fit, but that's more expensive... Remember if you buy 2 identical a lot of stores will give a discount but you do have to ask.

musicmaj

How about an avenue? I haven't seen one in person but they look more comfy than the scenera. Have you considered a 50lbs AO. I can get one at costco for $84. I thought that was a great price for a 50lb seat.

Chameleon

You can find MA's on albeebaby for around 180. It might not be the cover you want but you can always get a different one later.

monstah

Maybe two Cocorros?? With a plan to sell them when the twins are about to outgrow them RF. At that point, depending on the vehicle you have, you can decide on which seats with a taller shell to get and they wont need as much recline either to give you more room front to back.

Spam

A bonus with the TF for now anyways, would be that the upper headrest doesn't have to be on. So that would give you more room with it. :)

Pixels

I was thinking Avenue as well.

Do you have the adjustable back up as high as you safely can? Because of the way it's routed, the harness gets longer as you move the back up. It's a lot like the Nautilus in that regard. It won't necessarily buy you a lot of time, but it should get you some.

Splash

I'd just get them Avenues if you can install them well and reach the adjuster.
But, if you're gonna have a van, might as well get TFs or MAs. Albee has the FPSVD on sale for about $110 right now, FAB deal on that seat. Get those.

So those are fine for grammas car but I think I will either get an evenflo thiumph or a RA. I know an MA is better but they are so expensive and I need 2! PLus I kinda like how the RA's are a tad smaller. Its nice RF'ing.
I plan to have a van by then but we'll see.
Any other suiggestions?
The Ashley Floral MA is $179 at Albeebaby - that's less than the full retail price of an RA http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-marathon-convertible-car-seat-in-ashley-floral.html . (I would so totally get those if my twins still needed convertibles, but they're 7YO now!)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the only people I would EVER recommend by a RA are ones who can literally afford to throw money away.... you'll get shafted rearfacing,and forward facing, and for a seat that is WAY more expensive than say..... *anything else* with the same/similar limits. Heck.....if you WANT a "compact convertible" with 15.5 inch top slots and 40 lb limit, you can get a Titan for $75 at walmart.....and get the exact same amount of use out of it as an RA....for 1/3 the price.

If you want a convertible to last, I'd get EFTA, truefit, Ma, radian or 50-lb AOE. Or if you simply can't swing the $$ necesary to get 2 of those, the avenue or uptown.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't know how much room you really have in your vehicle (does Jordyn need to be able to buckle her booster herself? If so, the narrower the harnessed seats, the better) but if you like the MA, you might want to consider the Roundabout 50. It's similar to the MA (same size), with the major differences being no HUGS, no lockoffs, no LATCH bars, and the 50 lb FF limit. The price point is supposed to be about $199. It's due out soon if you can afford to wait a bit.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Cute pic in your signature! They are adorable!

However, you need to lower the harness, it needs to be at or below their shoulders, and with both babies the harness is above their shoulders. Your son's harness also looks a little loose, but that might be a weird camera angle thing because your daughter's looks fine.

Pixels

I just took a closer look at your siggy pic. It looks like your son's crotch strap needs to be lengthened. Your daughter's may need it as well, but it's not obvious from the pic. Instructions are on page 34 of the manual (p. 9 of the pdf).

Gypsy, I think the harness is all right for tightness. DD has the same seat, and it often looks like that even though it's definitely tight enough. I'm often guilty of overtightening.

Jordynsmama

Yeah I changed there harnesses. They were too high. As far as trightening sometimes his can tend to get be looser b/c he is smaller. I sometimes have trouble getting it tight and it being even. BNut I wont have it so tight it is pressing on his chest.
Thanks though-figured someone would say something!
Anyhoo as far as seats. Okay i am gonna most likely order the ashely MA from albee tomorrow along with the BJC in black on sale for 399! Yay!
Other options-
FPSVD on sale for 100 but man date aug 2007. That should be 0kay though-gives him till almost 5 in it.

What about the comos???? They are on sale too 4 120 and 140.

Or the Triumph advance for 120.

Or the TF's for 180.

I want something easy to install, easy to deal with, washable, cute and well made.

IDK!!!!!

R&J'sMom

If you can swing 2 of the $179 MAs I would get those. I'm sure you could swap one of the Ashley covers for a boyish cover in swap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC