Which Convertible?

ADS

Phineasmama

If you're looking at the MyRide, check out the MySize 70 as well. My almost 4 year old son is still rear facing and he fits with tons of room to grow in the My Size 70, but has either outgrown or almost outgrown the MyRide (just from trying it out in my car).

I'm really happy with the MySize, and it's the same price as a MyRide 65 at BabiesRus, $179. And they have a printable 20% off a $100 purchase coupon on their website right now.

Phineasmama

SherriTee said:
Hm, that is food for thought. What are the pros and cons of the MySize 70 vs. MyRide 65? I tried Googling, didn't have much luck.

The my size 70 is a pretty new seat on the market. It became available online recently and then only started stocking at BabiesRus/TRU in the past few weeks. Except for some that inexplicably showed up at Target and were clearanced out right away.

Main pro of the MySize 70 is much longer rear facing time height wise. The height limit is not the shell of the seat, but the red adjuster on the head wings.

One of the reviewers of car seat blog took a pic of a 7 year old forward facing in it. And it has two recline modes for FFing so it won't be super duper reclined once you turn them forward which some people don't like about the MyRide.

Overall I think it just lasts longer than the MyRide.

BuckeyeMom

I just purchased the My Size 70 for my 8 month old (she is 93rd percentile height and weight and very close to the 30" limit on her Keyfit). We love it! We also have the MyRide 65 with Safety Surround (for my mother-in-law's car). They are both great seats, but I find the My Size 70 to be a little more "user friendly". It is easier to adjust the harness height and recline (it has one recline position for rearfacing and two for forward facing). Also, since my daughter is tall, I think she will be able to stay rearfacing longer in the MySize than in the MyRide.

Basically, they are both great seats with high rearfacing limits, but I prefer the MySize slightly because it is easier to use. This is a non-professional opinion from a mom who owns both seats.

One last thing to consider is that the MyRide is much more readily available. I bought mine online and got free shipping. The MySize is much newer and is available online through Babies R Us, but shipping is $80 (you get $20 off of that as part of their "free shipping"). I ended up buying the MySize in store (Babies R Us) to avoid the high shipping costs. I would recommend calling first to make sure it's in stock- one of the stores in my area had it and the other store didn't. Also, Buy Buy Baby has the Size4Me 70, which is essentially the same seat as the MySize 70, just with a different seat cover.

mom2bnjl

We have recaro prorides - they are nice, kids like the cushy side wings, and they are rfing to 40 lbs. they are 19" wide at the widest spot, and I can get 2 rfing and 1 ffing in my Honda odyssey- which is a wide car, fwiw.

MyTwoSons

We've had the Size4Me from Buy Buy Baby for several months now, and really like it. I also tried the MyRide. I like that the S4M goes much taller now that they have removed the 40" height restriction for rf. The most common negatives I see on this site are about the crotch strap buckle being harder to use (but it's the same one that is on the MyRide), and it being difficult to tighten the last bit of slack out of the harness. I haven't found this to be a huge problem (just use a succession of short tugs once it's mostly tight to get the remainder out). Here's a link to a long time posters tricks for getting it to tighten easier. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=231753

Also here is the link to the review on the blog: http://carseatblog.com/18372/graco-size4me-70-convertible-carseat-review/

Last edited:

Kel

Hi again! I switched from the MR because we had baby #6, 6 months ago. I was driving our windstar and was using two three person benches in the back. I was trying to fit 3 large big boys, ages 13 11 8.5, DD 5.5 in a hbb a 2ry old in his mr and new baby's bucket seat, lol! I did make it work, but it wasn't easy.

Also my 2YR old seems to have very broad shoulders, and the RXT has more shoulder width. I tried to swap for one later for my new baby girl, but my swap went bad. She's now in a coccoro.

I would use one again in minute, for the price there a great deal. Target puts them on sale often for really good prices.

Kelley

SherriTee

I see that it is considered one of the bulkier ones... I don't know if that should be a consideration...

BTW, thanks everyone for all your input! :)

kam1011

My 3yo rides in a My Ride in my van and a Radian in my husband's car because it's a tiny backseat and we have to fit three kids in there. Actually both of those carseats are GREAT for three across. The My Ride has a tiny base and sits up high. Other carseats can slide underneath the cupholders. So I wouldn't be too concerned about the third child variable.

My 3yo prefers the My Ride best out of all of the 16 carseats we own. She calls it her "comfy seat".

Brianna

If you can play with the seats in store that could make your decision easier. Buckle and unbuckle the seats, play with the harness adjuster, install in your car if you can.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

mum2two

You may find a better price online, so before you go, look online to see how much you can get the seat for online, make sure they offer free return shipping of course but you can also find different cover choices not in store.

IT's ok to try out seats in store and not buy from them.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC