What would you do??? Is this bad?

loufrando

Even besides the respect and safety issues, I wouldn't let my girls have suckers in the car because of the horrible, sticky, slimy mess that would take a full bath to clean off of their hands, faces and hair!!! Sorry but I kind of have a phobia of s-t-i-c-k-y and the thought of unsupervised suckers makes my skin crawl.

ADS

zactayaus

My kids couldn't have suckers until they were at least 3 and I still don't let even my 10yo have hard candy. I choked on a piece of hard candy when I was five and luckely my dad was there and turned me upside down and smacked me on my back a couple of times and it came out. I still can remember it very vividly. I myself will only eat hard candy when there are others around me because of that. There is no way in h#ll I'd let an 18 mon old have a sucker that could easily slip off the stick or have a piece bitten off that could get stuck in their throat.

mish

The bank I used to bank at gave suckers and I would never let my kids have one. They were dum dums and honestly they scare the heck out of me. The are the size of a kids throat and come off that stick too easily. One time I was in the drive through and the teller started to offer a sucker and another teller said something to her and she said, "Oh, you're the mom who won't let her kids eat suckers." It was really snotty and I was mad. They acted like I was some kind of freak. Oh well, it is like that with a lot of things where I live. I am the only one who makes her kids ride in a car seat all the time, wear a bike helmet, etc. I am getting used to being the town freak.

christineka

I make my kids wait till they get home, so now the dance teacher is opening the freeze pops for dd. Fortunately, she is 8 and doesn't make a mess. I wouldn't give a lollipop to a kid under 2. They make a gigantic mess and make me worry about choking. There is no need for a one year old to even have candy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC