What to do with a headless truefit

ecdyses

I have a Truefit that was a spare seat for my mom's car. Unfortunately, she has lost the removable headrest. The seat is taking up space in my garage. Except for the missing headrest it is in perfect condition --- ridden in only once. I understand that the headrest is not available separately. Is there anyway the seat could be useful to someone? I hate to just toss it but of course it's use is now limited to an under 22 lb baby and most everyone I know has an infant seat for their little ones. I am hesitant to give it away locally because I suspect it may not be clear that it had a very limited window of use. Any suggestions are appreciated!

ADS

arly1983

I once called the First Years about a moldy TF and they sold me replacement parts that were not listed on their site and were super nice about it, too!

CMeMeC

Call the manufacturer if you haven't already. I contacted them once about a replacement cover because mine was coming apart at the top seam, and they were great to replace it.

henrietta

I'd be tearing my mom's house apart!! How do you lose a TF head?? It's not small!

This, exactly. I'd be pretty darn irritated. You have a $200 in perfect condition seat, ridden in once. Who loses such things??? Geez. Sounds like something a few folks I know have done, and it's such a waste. My mom and I would be having a problem. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC