What size Rider Safe Travel Vest?

Erika Ruth

Yes, not in an everyday solution. But, it will work when transporting 7. And, it will work better for in Daddy's truck. And, it will work better for carpools and traveling. I won't be as nervous about trying to get 3 across.

In most sedans, we'll totally put her in the middle. Just doesn't work well for our car.

Erika

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How often will you have to do it? Honestly it's not the SIP I'd worry about as much as the hassle of getting a kid in and out in the vest!

Erika Ruth

Oh not very often. I think I could "find" a use for it about once a month.

I'm thinking of selling my Marathon and 2 cowmooflauge covers for a regent. don't know if that is a fair trade or not.

But, I'd love to have a Regent as a primary seat when I don't have family in town. I'd like to keep Eleanor in 5pt as long as possible.

Emery can be in the Scenera, Elizabeth can be in the Marathon, and Eleanor can be in the Regent.

(I like having options!)

Erika

heyruthie

i don't know if anyone suggested this already (I got through about 75% of the posts) but I can see several ways for you to not have to buy ANY new seats. how about:

-FF MA in center back
-RF MA in 1 captain's chair
-Booster seat in 2nd captain's chair
-Remove the booster while adults enter the car & go to the back seat. Then put booster back in for your oldest to climb in.
OR

-RF Scenera in outboard back
-FF MA in captains chair (in front of the Scenera--this side will not be used by adults to enter/exit, so the captain's chair can be pulled far forward)
-Booster seat in 2nd captain's chair
-Remove the booster while adults enter the car & go to the back seat. Then put booster back in for your oldest to climb in.

just some $$$ saving ideas!

Erika Ruth

Yes, you are 100% right. :) Those solutions would be perfect.

Here are the two issues, which are personal.

My youngest daughter wants to be picked up the entire time we sit next to her. (not an excuse for safety, but a good excuse if I can find another safe solution).

It is hard for adults to sit back there (They can't sit in the middle due to no headrest or shoulder belt, so we'd still have one impossible seat to get into.

We could put another carseat in the back row, and I could sit next to that...

But, I'd be stuck in the very back of the car when we have guests in town.

So, yes, this is ALL for my personal comfort. I don't want to sit in a 14 inch spot in the back row, and don't want to force any other grown up to do that.

However, when we don't have guests in town, (which only happens about once a month at the most),

I have 1-2 kids in the middle row, and one kid in the back. (with at least 1-2 spots open in the back row)

So, we're just talking rare times when as a family, we want to go out to dinner, or up to Santa Fe, or things like that.

It also works for my husband's truck. The booster is not recommended to go back there, and the vest will be far safer, now that my oldest has outgrown the Marathon.

And, it will work when we're trying to get 3 across when we fly to Grandma and Grandpa's without me stressing at the airport trying to get my seats to fit in the CRVs. (and rental cars).

I've been pregnant between two marathons with my hips sideways in the back of a rental car too many times. Not comfortable, or really doable. This is for those situations where I get the raw end of the safety and comfort deal. :)

This wasn't an issue before... i could do FF marathon, RF SS1, RF/FF Marathon. It was easy. :) Loosing the SS1 and outgrowing the Marathon is what has caused all these "dramas" in my car-seat life!

Erika

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC