What seat would you get?

my3sweeties

What would you get for my 22 month old?

Roundabout - I have an expired Roundabout so I could use the Aloha cover I love on a cheap $149 RA. She would only get 2 years out of it, but I have plenty of larger seats for her to move into as her siblings outgrow them.

Marathon - Would last longer with the 65lb. limit but isn't the base bigger than the RA for to use as spare in dh's car? $15 more than RA.

Regent - Love my DS's onyx and would love to get dd the Madison but she wouldn't be able to move into it yet (still RFing) but would be great in another year. Is it worth picking it up now during the sale for $199??

TIA!

Ellie
DD1 7.0 in Radian 65 and Parkway
DS 5.0 in Regent and Radian 65
DD2 22 mo. RF in MA and RA

ADS

my3sweeties

Well, I couldn't wait for a response. The Mariposa Marathon I had in my cart disappeared (said inventory ran low) and I was nervous I would lose the Regent Madison too so I bought it.

Please tell me that was a good choice for $199!!!

THANKS!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
PP: Nearly everywhere. babyage.com, babyuniverse.com, rightstart.com, albeebaby.com, babycatalog.com, elitecarseats.com (though their prices aren't as good), amazon.com.

OP: I'd probably go for the Marathon. For $15 more you'll have a seat you can use for a long time, and you can start using it right away. She'll also be able to RF in it longer than the RA.

There'll be another sale in September, then another next February (and then next September, etc.). If you're looking at Regents I'd look again later and buy when she's closer to being FFing and outgrowing the seats.

Wendy

my3sweeties

Update: I had an idea. Since I already had my impulse purchase today and bought the Regent for $199 before DD has outgrown her Marathon, why not try this arrangement:

My car:
DD 7y, 52lbs, 42in in the new Regent (currently in a Radian)
DS 5y, stays in his onyx Regent
DD 22m, stays in RFing Marathon

DH's car:
DD stays in Parkway
DS stays in Radian
DD (22 month old) move into RFing Radian that DD1 currently uses in my car and get rid of expired RA.

Does that make sense? That may actually free up some room in DH's backseat (08 Ford Explorer and it's tight!)

Only problem is going to be fitting Regent in my Odyssey. Currently I have DS behind driver in Regent and DD2 RF in Marathon in other captain's chair. DD1 is in Radian in the back which still allows room for the 2 kids I carpool home. I don't think a Regent will fit back there and the baby would be very unhappy back there RFing with no one to look at. This may take some more thought.

Ellie

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wonder if a Regent and a RFing MA would fit in the third row? Not sure on that at all. Side by side, I mean. That would leave a spot in the third row and a captain's chair open. How often do you carpool? If it's just every now and then you could do the baby in the captain's chair and the Regent in the third row, then switch them when you need to carpool. Then baby would have the carpool kids to look at.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC