What seat would you buy next? Wanna help me?

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I need to replace our MA in the 2001 Odyssey, so I can rf my almost 3-yr old longer than 30 lbs. She is about 28-29 lbs and also has a Radian XT in our sedan.

No issue fitting carseat in the Odyssey captain chair that I know of. I can also use the Radian XT until we get the next seat if she happens to reaches 30lbs quickly (not that I expect that since she is at this 28-29 lbs weight range for months now)

I've quickly popped her in the MyRide and TrueFit Rebound today and she fits fine. So given the choices, what would you do?
- get another Radian XT with the sales going on
- get either the MyRide and TFP with the trade-in event at BRU/TRU
- wait for the new Britax seats with higher rf limit and hope that it comes out before she outgrow the current MA and it's all we expect it to be
- get something else that I might have not thought of

Btw, we fly with carseats but we can use the MA or the current Radian XT, so I don't even worry about using the next carseat for flying.

Thanks.

ADS

Mingie

CPST Instructor
I have a similar situation to you although dd is only just 2 and about 26-27lbs and gaining slowly. We have a 35lb rfing Radian xt and a 30lb rfing limit MA. I am hoping she keeps gaining slowly so I can take a look at the new Britax seats. I even went to a local baby shop to have a look at the Radians but I know I will have regret buying one if the new Britax seats are great. So I would likely wait to see them myself and hope she doesn't gain over the summer.

simplychels

You could do what I'm doing. Originally I was going to get a TFP as the replacement seat for the MA when DD outgrows it. Currently we have a RNXT, MA, MR. I won't use the MR as a main seat though.

Now with the new britax seats on the horizon, I'm waiting for those. If I have to I'll get a TFP (DD has 3lbs left before she outgrows her MA, she won't outgrow it by height anytime soon so I just pay attention to weight). I already know I love Britax seats. I also already know my XT doesn't fit as nicely into the truck (where the MA lives) as it does into my car, so I don't want to get another one

So basically the plan is new britax seat, but with a TFP as the backup plan if I need it.

ElaynesMom

My dd is the same age as yours and is 28.2 lbs and was getting close to outgrowing her old style EB 3in1 by height so we just picked up a regular TF at the BRU trade in event. I need to switch it between cars about twice a month, and not always the same car, so I decided not to go with a Radian. I didn't want to risk waiting for the new Britax seats in case she outgrew her current seat before they were available, and then not be able to buy the seat on sale. It was only 160$, so depending on how old she is when she outgrows it rf I won't be upset if I need to buy another seat. This is her first seat that my dh and I have actually paid for ourselves (the infant and EB 3in1 being gifts from the grandparents) so we just decided to go with the TF and not have to worry about it for awhile.

featherhead

My almost 3 year old is the same size too:) I would probably get a True Fit. It's better forward-facing that the MyRide. Then if you just have to have one of the new Britax seats when they come out, you can sell the True Fit:)

shauburg

Did you end up buying anything? The BRU trade-in event is almost over!

I like featherhead's idea, but I am a real TF fan and think the TFP would be even better!

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was leaning toward the TFP but never got anything :bag: I am pushing to the max on the MA and hopefully the new Britax seats are out when she reaches the max weight or we would just use the RN XT in the meantime. Worse comes to worst and if I really need a 2nd seat, I get a TF for $150 when it goes on sale at Zellers :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC