What Puzzles With..

Chely7425

2 FF Radians? Right now all my kids are RF. But T1 and T2 have the same amount of growing room left in their Radians RF (I think they both have another year to year and a half) so I anticipate them going FF around the same time. Right now we have either a RF MR or a KF in the middle seat of my jeep. What RF convertibles will puzzle well between 2 FF RNs? Or.. what seat puzzles well outboard next to a FF RN?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I haven't puzzled tnat way. I have always just had enough room. Yeah, lucky me.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
FF RN, RF old Britax, and FF Radian is pretty tiny too. I'd assume subbing a Recaro for the Britax would be about the same.

Aurezalia

FF RN, RF old Britax, and FF Radian is pretty tiny too. I'd assume subbing a Recaro for the Britax would be about the same.

And in that case, if we're talking about seats up on bases, the Myride could be a possibility also. And you have that one to play around with.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
ACTUALLY THE mr SHOULD DO THE TRICK EASILY...THE NARROW BASE IT HAS UNDERNEATH THE BIG GIANT "BOWL" SHAPE AT THE TOP SHOULD FIT IN BETWEEN THE ff RADIANS, AND THE TOP SHPOULD SCOOP OUT OVER THE LOW RADIAN EDGES.

*sigh capslock.*

Chely7425

I have a new style MA70 and a MR so I will go out and try both so I know which seats to keep for my car vs which seats get to be my parents seats :) I would rather put the MA in my moms car (it is a much easier install for her) but whatever works in my car gets to go there!

KirasMommy

Senior Community Member
I have tried the Marathon and MyRide and they do not fit in my car. Tried both Radian/MA/Radian and Radian/Radian/Marathon, then again with the MR instead of the MA. The width of the MA/MR where it touches the back of the vehicle seat (not the base) is too wide. I'm very limited with room though, the back seat of my Prius is only 50" wide. (The Radians were both FF and the MA/MR was RF.)

Please let me know if you find a solution as I have been looking for awhile now ad have tried many different combinations. (I can't do a RF Radian.)

bigteamug

I'm just going to watch and see what comes up - I know for 3 across with 1 or more boosters, I have not had anything work well in our '05 Prius. We end up with 1 RF radian (which I am not thrilled with, it takes up too much room front to back), the RSTV, and DD's Vivo. Major pain for carpooling. Couldn't get 3 across to work with 2 convertibles and a booster (DD1 had to scoot her seat out and back each time to buckle - soooo not happening.) I'd like to find somewhere to play with parkways and proboosters and see if they are any better....

I actually have already called and complained to Toyota that the new Prius V (supposedly a microvan) probably won't hold 3 kids in the back. Only 2 sets of latch, no sliding door (not even 1!), only the front 2 seats and the rear seat (i'm pretty sure they have more seats in the back of it in Japan). What were they thinking?!?!?

I know that the MA/BLVD doesn't puzzle well opposite of the radians. The cocorro might be the best option. Haven't tried it, DD2 is still RF, but will flip FF in spring. That'll make things really fun....

ctbcleveland

I have a RF MyRide next to a FF Radian and I think they puzzle reasonably well together. But, I have a big backseat, so I am not sure if it is a fair comparisson.

Chely7425

Definitely not keepIng the ca jessi... That's all yours :) it's a beastly install in my car plus I hate the seat :p I'll try the Ma and the mr simply because I have them... If neither of those work I know someone with a cco that I can probably try *coughwendycoug*. I know we have awhile but purchasing a new vehicle is so not an option anytime soon that for my peace of mind I need to know that we can make things work for at least the next 3 years!! I am hoping we can fit a booster in there eventually too but I'm not overly optimistic about the possibilities there... I'll let you guys know how it goes and of course I'll take pics cuz that's why the cool kids do :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC