What is your 4 year old riding in?

NVMBR02

My DD is 4 (5 next month), 44" and 35 lbs.

In the past year, we have used: Frontier 85, Pinnacle, Pioneer, Argos, Performance Sport, and will be trying the KidsEmbrace shortly.

So far, Performance Sport is the winner for us. Love it.

I feel like the Pro/PerformaceSport is really under-recommended on the Interwebz. It absolutely has its quirks, but for kids who aren't bothered by the belt routing (none of mine have ever been, and I've had five or six use it,) and who won't hit the 52lb tether limit, I think it's a great, often overlooked option.

LIS, interested to hear what you think about KE!!

Glad to hear you both like the Prosport! I am fairly certain that is what I am going to replace the BLVD70 with sometime in the next couple of month. DD2 still fits in the BLVD70 but I am starting to dislike the high base. I could move her in the RXT full time, but I have my neighbors dd a lot and it is what I use for her. Plus, I am itching for a new seat!

ADS

Dorothy

I'll third the ProSport! :) We have a Pioneer 70 and PS, and I really prefer the PS. My kiddos aren't especially tall or heavy, so it works very well for us.

Posted using the app. :)

MoonRocket

I have a 44" 40 lb 4yo. She rides in either a Radian XTSL, a securekid 300 and we just got a Frontier 90 for her.

I am considering a turbo booster for an upcoming vacation.

Gidgetc13

My 4 year old is about 44" and 39 lbs. She currently rides in a Radian and a ProSport. We also love the ProSport. DH likes it because it is made by Recaro :rolleyes:, DD thinks it is super comfy and loves the big head wings for sleeping. She sleeps a lot in the car.

smileyblue4

More ProSport love here! I decided the Frontier would be overkill for our smaller than average kids. My nearly 5 year old still hasn't broken 40 pounds yet and he has a short torso, so it was the right choice for us. I wish they were available in more stores because it's really an awesome seat, but most people never see them or know they exist unless they go digging on the internet (like I did).

jubgulia

4 in a couple weeks, almost 36" and 28 lbs, riding in a RF Foonf and RF Coccoro. I got the Foonf for its FF qualities, but it sits very upright when FF in our vehicle which may not be the best thing for DS3. Good to know people like the Prosport for littler ones.

Sandra

Compass B540 Booster Car Seat, Perfect if you are traveling in cabs or other non-owned vehicles. Folding and opening are both easy to do and it is easy to carry.
w.png

agave

My 4 year old is about 44" and 39 lbs. She currently rides in a Radian and a ProSport. We also love the ProSport. DH likes it because it is made by Recaro :rolleyes:, DD thinks it is super comfy and loves the big head wings for sleeping. She sleeps a lot in the car.

DH drove around to show all his friends his new Recaro when I got him a Probooster. He loves that you can see Recaro through the window.

My 4 yr old is riding in a Frontier 85 a Maestro and very occasionally a FF Roundabout 50.

daniele_ut

At age 4 both of my older kids were riding in a Graco Nautilus. DD just turned 6 and she is still riding in the Nautilus.

Gidgetc13

DH drove around to show all his friends his new Recaro when I got him a Probooster. He loves that you can see Recaro through the window.

When we bought the ProSport DH was giving me a hard time about buying another car seat (he just doesn't get it :)). I was looking at a few other options that were about half the cost of the ProSport but as soon as I showed him the ProSport he wanted that because it was a Recaro. I think that is the only car seat I've bought that he hasn't complained about. He also likes to show off his Recaro.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
DS1 is 4 on 3/24. He's approximately 40" and 35 lbs. He rides in a ProSport in DH's car, a SecureKid 300 in Mimi's car, and a RF Radian 65SL in my car. After his birthday, he will ride in a FR85.

mimieliza

My DS is 3yr10m, teetering on the edge of 40 lbs. He is riding in Radians - 65SL in my car and XTSL in DH's car. Both are FFing at this point. We have a Safety 1st Complete Air and an Evenflo Triumph Advance as his backup seats.

alake

My big girls at four, were in frontiers.
Logan is three and I turned him forward facing for my sanity in the car. He is now in frontiers in both my car and van. I am down to 3 frontiers 2 rxt and 2 foonfs along with a parkway. I have enough for the little girls to rear face and the three older ones to be in appropriate seats. I just bought Logan his forward facing only seat on Thursday.

carseatmama007

When DD was 4, she rode in a Radian XTSL RF until 4.5, then rode in it FF until 5, with a few rides in a Harmony Folding Booster and a few rides switched with the Radian backed to RF.

lanwenyi

DS is 4y 7m, 38.5" and 36lbs fully dressed. He rides rfing in a Nextfit and an XTSL with a rfing SureRide for Travel/Grandma.

His bone age was 2yo when he was tested last July (at just turned 4). With some intervention he's grown 2.5" since then, so he may not have as much of a bone age delay now, but he hasn't been tested again. He'll stay rfing until he outgrows his seats OR his bone age tests reach 4yo.

MommyofThree

My daughter is 4.5 yrs old. 33 lbs and 39 inches tall. Rear facing in a complete air in dad's car. Britax boulevard rear facing in my expedition.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC