What are your 6 & 7 yr olds riding in?

Lemonade

DS is in a FR80 harnessed. I have 2 SGLs waiting and a cybex on the way. He's about 37# now. I plan to switch him in the spring.

ADS

luckyclov

DD is 7 years old, 48" (with a good-sized torso), and 58 lbs. She rides in a FR85 (harnessed) in my vehicle (she did at age 6 as well). She's on the last harness slot, with about 1/2 inch, maybe a little more, to grow.
fr85.jpg

She rides in a Monterey in DH's truck (@ 6, too), which, fortunately, isn't very often or for very long because she's still a crappy booster rider. She's on the last height adjustment of the Monterey.
Montereys.jpg

ginny4

7.5yo DD rides mainly in a Monterey
& for back up she has a turbo & might need to just use it as a backless since i think she outgrew the back already.
my parents keep a backless just incase.

rachelandtyke

DD is 6y5m, 38.5 llbs, ~43-44 in.

She is either in a True Fit or Vivo depending on the length of the drive. She is about to outgrow the TF I think, so soon she will be boostered full time, but I am confident she'll be ready. She is doing great in the Vivo.

2BunniesMommy

My almost 6 year old (9 days to go) ride in Frontier 85s, as a booster in my van and a 5pt in DH's. When she goes with Grammy she useds a Graco TB(high back).

skylinphoto

My ds (5.5) rides in a cybex solution xfix 80% of the time..and a radian xt the rest of the time.

IMG_20111106_150754.jpg

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

HONEYhas3

CPST Instructor
My 6 1/2 yo shuffles between a FRXT and a PWSG.

She is 49 inches tall and 62lbs.

Last edited:

::er!ca::

Brinlee (6 yrs 7 months) is riding in a Britax Parkway SGL.
She's 46.5 inches tall and 42 pounds, I don't think I have a recent pic but I'll look.

equilibrium

My almost 6yo is currently in a GN. He still fits in the Maestro which is *fairly* narrow and has harness to 50# American, thought I saw in on sale for $62 at Target/Walmart or something like that.

I recently asked the same question and everyone tried to re-assure me that a HBB would be fine for him, I'm not ready and he's not 40# yet, so...

tam

My 5.5 year old is not even 40lbs either. He likes his Radian and just got a GN as well for him as a backup in the other car. Good for you!

Jenny

My 6.5 year old 45 lbs. DS rides in Oobr (primary) and parkwaysgl (secondary) and occasionally in built in volvo booster

My 7.5 year od 48 lb DD rides in a mix (always swapping around): Vivo, HBturbobooster, LB TB or GN, built in volvo booster -- awaiting replacement cover for monterey and then this will be her primary seat, with Vivo as secondary.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My almost 7.5yr old is about 55lbs and I believe 51" tall. She's been in a Monterey full time since she was 6yrs and 4 months. She has been in a Monterey in our secondary vehicle since she was 5.5yrs old. I have a Harmony backless booster that I've used on a couple of occasions, but she normally rides in the Monterey with the back on it.

eta: Pic of dd is in my signature. I know that I've shared pictures of her in a few prior posts too.

ElfJewel

K (3/04, 53 lbs) just switched from a Nautilus (harnessed) to a Monterrey booster
J (3/06, 37 lbs)) is RF in a Radian or sometimes rides in a HBTB or sister's Monterrey

solmama

DD is 7 years old, 48" (with a good-sized torso), and 58 lbs. She rides in a FR85 (harnessed) in my vehicle (she did at age 6 as well). She's on the last harness slot, with about 1/2 inch, maybe a little more, to grow.

She rides in a Monterey in DH's truck (@ 6, too), which, fortunately, isn't very often or for very long because she's still a crappy booster rider. She's on the last height adjustment of the Monterey.

How is it possible that your dd is outgrowing BOTH the Frontier85 and Monterey at the same time? The belt guides on the Monterey adjust 2ish" higher than the highest harness slot height on the Frontier.

Perhaps you need to check your Monterey...it should adjust higher than it is.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My 7 year old (8 in April) is in a Clek Oobr daily. (With a pillow under her feet for leg support.) Backups: another Oobr, 2 Turbos, a BubbleBum, and she still fits in any of our Radians or SGCS.

My almost-6 year old (in April) rides in a SGCS, backup is a Radian (over the top slots, but under standing height limit, weight, and ears under top of shell) or an RSTV size Large (old style); she's just starting to booster-train, and we're looking at getting a Frontier for her because she's so close to the top of the SGCS.

aetj115

my 7.5 yo is is in a graco lbb or an evenflo hb. Not sure of height but she weighs in at a solid 77! Because of her width she can't fit in a graco hbb and outgrew the gn by width at 5.5 :(

misstj9

DS1 is 7.5 and in a Monterey 95% of the time in my van (and has been since age 7). He's in an Evenflo HBB in the other vehicle, and a lb turbo (with screws!) on rare occasion with friends.

DS2 will be 6 in a week (eek!) and is harnessed in his FR still. Maturity wise, I don't think he's ready for a booster full time (when siblings are present) and he has said he doesn't want to sit in a booster, he likes his frontier!! He does ride in the Evenflo HBB on rare occasion, but at that point he's the only kid in the car so that helps!

mamom

DD 6 (7 in Feb) rides in a monteray in my van, cybex x fit in DH truck, and HBTB SFBA or literider in other vehicles

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC