Well that's not good - Broken Kiddy - UPDATE #21

ADS

glockchick

Emailed this person last night. No response yet. Will fit out NHTSA form when I have time. Worked all night last night, class today, homework tonight, and more class tomorrow.

I swear my life is more fun than I can handle sometimes. :rolleyes:

vtbecca

That is really disturbing. First that there is no hard plastic inside that foam (how is it supposed to withstand the forces of an accident?!), and that the company seems to not care about it at all. I can't believe that you are the only person that this has happened to.

Becca

glockchick

Got an email back saying that guy didn't work there anymore but someone would call me today.

They did and said the same thing. They won't do anything. Granted, I did get the seat from NBD but it was new with tags and the plastic still factory wrapped. There were no defects when it got here and you can bet I looked it over with a fine tooth comb. I told the cs rep this.

He said I could contact the site I bought it from and see if they'd do anything for me. He then said they since they don't know what really happened to the seat (sounded like he was implying that I was lying) and that it couldn't haven broken the way I said it did, there was nothing they could do but to offer me 15% off a new one.

I told him thanks but no thanks and hung up.

I guess I could contact NBD but I don't feel right doing that. The seat was fine when it got here. It's not their fault. I'll probably just eat the cost and chalk it up to a lesson learned. It's a damn shame. That was my favorite seat for Caleb. Fit him perfectly. Oh well. He's riding in a PW now but I'm not loving the fit. I do like his TB SS but I wish I could latch it in since I drive that car around a lot without kids. I need a SS with latch.

skylinphoto

I do like his TB SS but I wish I could latch it in since I drive that car around a lot without kids. I need a SS with latch.

Bbb sells a graco affix with ss. All the goodness of the supportive ss and latch! And a cupholder!

Really though, it toally sucks that they are unwilling to replace the seat and imply that youre lying about how it broke. What crappy cs. It certainly swayed me away from the cruiserfix (even though I love my kwp..dd is outgrowing it by height). I opted for a clek oobr instead (for 179, I couldnt pass it up).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

skylinphoto

The KWP is taller than the Cruiserfix (or the Oobr.)

But my dd is under 40lbs. It sucks..outgrowing the shield (shield has a height limit of 43" and it should come up to the armpits) but not heavy enough for using the kwp as a booster. Leaves us with a seat thats not usable. So, im selling the kwp to fund the oobr. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Car-Seat.Org

glockchick

Bbb sells a graco affix with ss. All the goodness of the supportive ss and latch! And a cupholder!

Sweet! Does it have the nice latch? I have to toss the seat in the trunk daily so another kid can ride there daily. Nice latch is a must.

I posted a pic of him in the PW SGL that I have in safety. Check it out and lmk what y'all think. I'm not liking the fit.

thepote

I'm just curious if Kiddy has a link to this thread. Good gravy this is bad for business. :eek:

No kidding. They should if they don't.

Appropriate response: replacement of broken seat; bring up at next design team meeting that "hey, maybe this is a design problem..."

Inappropriate response: everything you have done and said to glockchick. You don't treat customers that way, especially ones that are in a market that you are trying to break into.

:mad:

This is definitely BAD for Kiddy. So many people frequent these boards and take the opinions of it's members quite seriously. Regardless, they should have shipped her a new one pronto and asked for the old one back. This looks terrible on them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC