We turned her...

crunchierthanthou

but the worst part was getting her in and out. the signo is a beast of a seat and with those SIP wings, for RFing it's really better suited for a minivan with large sliding doors for ingress/egress than a small compact car with a tapering door frame. although, i am impressed with how little front-back room it took up RF. we were spending so much time getting her in properly, and when you consider the risk factor of standing in an open door facing traffic on a busy street, well...

Didn't I tell you loading/unloading was going to be a pain rf in your car? Wait. yes, yes I did. Complete with measurements of a comparable vehicle door frame. And that was even the como, which doesn't have the SIP wings to contend with. ;)

I respect that it's your decision as her parent and recognize that I'm not going to convince you to do otherwise, but you'll have to excuse me if I don't heap praises on you for falling far short of even our country's low rf recommendations. With the latest research coming out of Europe providing a convincing argument to rf to age 4, I'm not going to compliment you for choosing convenience. Sure, you made it beyond the age minimums- twice that even. But she's still 7 lbs from the weight limit, well within height guidelines and barely over age 2. If buckling next to traffic was your deciding factor, you could have put your older ff child on the driver's side. :twocents:

I know what you mean by the cheesy grin ff though. Ds rode ff on a rental car shuttle. He got all excited and said, "Wow! we're going so fast!" We were going about 20 mph through Dulles and I'm sure the other travelers thought he was crazy. I think he just wasn't used to seeing things coming toward him.

ADS

Mama!

I was actually sad when DS turned FF for good. He was right at 3. Within a few days, probably.

The Signo RF was a beast, but it was super safe. In the end, Ds spent his last several weeks of RF in an Uptown and it made RF so much easier. Lower profile, lower on the seat, and not as deep on the sides.

Congrats for making it to 2!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC