Victoria BC?

ADS

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
BCAA Broadmead has a check on May 25th. 877-247-5551 to book, if they actually have any space available. There's also a Safe Kids Canada event May 30th in Hillside Mall, and although I think there will be techs there it's more educational and I know they're not doing any checks. BC is moving away from doing checks with the BCAA setup, and moving more towards education, it seems. The BC Traffic Safety Foundation may have more information, and will have Victoria-area tech contacts. That's their number above.

-Nicole.

snowbird25ca

BC is moving away from doing checks with the BCAA setup, and moving more towards education, it seems.

-Nicole.

Seems to be a common theme. :( Education is good and all, but parents who read manuals and consider themselves careful still manage to make significant errors that are only going to be caught by a tech looking at the seat. I think that having seat checks available is important for this reason alone, though I have other thoughts I won't get into here. :eek:

canmom

Seems to be a common theme. :( Education is good and all, but parents who read manuals and consider themselves careful still manage to make significant errors that are only going to be caught by a tech looking at the seat. I think that having seat checks available is important for this reason alone, though I have other thoughts I won't get into here. :eek:

Took the words right out of my mouth :(... let me guess, "parent empowerment model"?

QuassEE

The sad part is...I actually find myself feeling ILL when I hear and see all of the fundraising and support media for childhood (fatal) illnesses. I just don't get it. Sure, illnesses are horrible at any age...but perfectly healthy children dying in crashes when almost all of them could have survived with proper use of restraints...

You get the idea.

Why not consider some funding for the "curable"? Trudy and I just spent over $2000 to get 6 technicians trained here in the Lower Mainland, and if we so much as save one child from injury then it has been worth it. I can't even imagine how much I've saved BC Medical over the 6 years I've been doing this in injury reduction alone...

-Nicole.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC