Uppababy G series

love-pink

Ive decided to keep the BJCM I have on the way and then order a Uppababy umbrella stroller. Itll be used for dd2 who is 2. Would you get a G-Lite or a G-Luxe? Does anyone have either? Do they both push equally well?
:love:

ADS

Larah

I have had both. (the airlines broke my g-lite and I got a g-luxe after that) I would go with the g-luxe for the recline feature especially if you have a younger child. If you want to save money the g-lite it is great too, I just didn't like their heads hanging when the fall asleep. They both push the same and are very light to carry. The only thing I didn't love at first on the g-luxe was the foot rest that moves up and down. you have to press a button on each side and sometimes folding the stroller moves the footrest up so you need to readjust. I've gotten used to it and it's a non-issue now. I believe the g-lite doesn't have an adjustable footrest.

love-pink

Thanks so much!! Im looking to save money if possible so thats why I was considering the G-Lite. Im also thinking if were going to be out and about where she may need/want to nap Ill just grab the BJCM.

creideamh

Nope, the G-Lite doesn't have an adjustable footrest. (If you're Mac-knowledgable, the Triumph/Volo=G-Lite, Quest=G-Luxe.) I got the G-Lite over the Luxe since DD never really sleeps in her stroller... and, like you, I already have another stroller with an adjustable backrest in case we have a long day ahead.

love-pink

I just think maybe Ill feel like its overkill if I have 2 full featured strollers. And at this point I dont think we would use the leg rest so that would leave me paying an extra $70 for the recline that we would also probably never use. :rolleyes:

Did you happen to get the Makena G-lite?? If so any chance you could take an IRL picture of the color? :love:

Also I know the Volo has no structure to the back of the seat and the Triumph does because of the recline ability, is that the same with the G-Lite/Luxe?

creideamh

I do indeed have Makena :)

3026fc08.jpg

Someone else can chime in on the seat back, I'm honestly not too sure- they're so different than Macs because of all the padding. I want to say it's not TOO structured, but it's so much more padded than my Quest was that I'm not sure what the specs really are :p

love-pink

I do indeed have Makena :)

3026fc08.jpg

Someone else can chime in on the seat back, I'm honestly not too sure- they're so different than Macs because of all the padding. I want to say it's not TOO structured, but it's so much more padded than my Quest was that I'm not sure what the specs really are :p

Have you had a chance to test out the stroller? How is the steer? I want to click buy, but those small wheels keep stopping me :rolleyes:

creideamh

Oh ya, I use it all the time. It really does steer just like a Mac, except it's lighter, has an extensive sunshade, no foot fold, and a cupholder :p (and the quality is SO much higher.) It obviously isn't going to be a super smooth ride over really old brick roads or anything, but even the Vista wouldn't. I can push it over grass and playground mulch just fine.

love-pink

Thanks :) My plan is to use it for the mall mostly. Shes getting to where she will ride for a few minutes and then walk over and over. No use of pushing a big heavy stroller in that case ;) I just want to make sure its easy to zip around corners and pushes smooth :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC