UPDATE: What do you think your next seat will be?..BUMP WERE YOU RIGHT?...

zeo2ski

Re: What do you think your next seat will be?.....

Just ordered 2 BLVDs, so if Benjamin outgrows that RFing by height before 35 lbs, I'll get the radian XT (unless something else is tall with headwings and rf tether, lol) and keep his BLVD and the snugride for foster babies. If Benjamin hits weight before height, then we'll just need a convertible in case we get a large (or 2 at once) foster baby so probably another BLVD or maybe just go with the XT in case a future toddler is taller...

And I'd love a better infant seat...but the snugride is brand new so probably not

ADS

abacus2

I'm planning to buy a KeyFit for the new baby. I gave my 20lb Snugride away.

After that I'm thinking of getting a Radian to allow 3 across in our secondary car. And a TrueFit for the main car when baby outgrows the KeyFit or maybe another Nautilus if Emily needs to be FFing by then.

April

This has been thoroughly planned out for almost a year....

1. A pink Monterey and a red Monterey in the next month
2. A GN as soon as they are in Canada
3. An infant seat when we have another baby in the next two years - we'll see what's out then.
4. A Frontier when Riley outgrows the TF.
5. A backless booster or another Monterey when Griffin outgrows his PW.

Naomi's-Momma

The Pink(Bella) Keyfit or Safeseat (Snugride32) for the Not Yet Conceived Baby.
No one Else Will Need a New One Anytime Soon.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member

I already changed my mind. I just ordered a BV in Shannon for Ilana so that means getting rid of my 2 other Britax seats. Now next will be the infant seat and Radian XT! :p

hsjwmom

Hopefully, this won't be for a while...

An Oobr for dd1 when she outgrows the Regent or a TF w/anti-rebound bar for dd3 when she outgrows the RA rfing, whichever comes first. :) But, our TB expires in Feb 2010, so that may need to be replaced first. :shrug-shoulders:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Well, Piper just got a Nautilus, so she's good until she gets her driver's permit (it'll expire about three weeks before). This is it for her. She's got eight seats available to her to use. Two Wizards (I haven't sold one yet, and the other she's still using), a Parkway, two Radians, two Cosco backless boosters, and the Nautilus. The only reason I'll buy her another seat is if Graco makes it so you can't buy the covers separately. If that's the case then next month I'll buy her a Mariposa Nautilus and sell this one.

Wendy

niccig

I'm not sure. DS will be too tall for the Uptown in 6-12 months, depending on his growth. It's our travel/spare seat. I thought I would get the Safeguard Go, but the shuttle van we take to the airport does not have top tethers, and my parents car doesn't have LATCH or TT. I thought a Radian for the fold and then I can better fit 3 across in my CRV. But I won't be able to test the install in my parents car until we're there. If my parents replace one of their cars, like we've all been asking them to do, I would go for the Radian. I'm waiting to see if anything else comes out on the market that's great as a travel seat for seat belt installs and latch installs, that doesn't weigh a tonne. The seat will have to be checked as DS will be 5 for the next flight to Australia and QANTAS doesn't allow car seat onboard for 5 year olds.

TerisBoys

I'm not sure. DS will be too tall for the Uptown in 6-12 months, depending on his growth. It's our travel/spare seat. I thought I would get the Safeguard Go, but the shuttle van we take to the airport does not have top tethers, and my parents car doesn't have LATCH or TT. I thought a Radian for the fold and then I can better fit 3 across in my CRV. But I won't be able to test the install in my parents car until we're there. If my parents replace one of their cars, like we've all been asking them to do, I would go for the Radian. I'm waiting to see if anything else comes out on the market that's great as a travel seat for seat belt installs and latch installs, that doesn't weigh a tonne. The seat will have to be checked as DS will be 5 for the next flight to Australia and QANTAS doesn't allow car seat onboard for 5 year olds.

What about a Ride Safer Travel Vest for travel? It would fit into a carry-on easily, and work really well for 3 across.

musicmaj

Well, it all depends on when my youngest outgrows the fpsv convertible. If he is ready for a booster at that point and my two older children have outgrown them, he will get a parkway or fpsv booster to use. If he is not ready for a booster he will be getting a nautilus. I suspect that he has 2+ more years in the fp seat though. He is a little below the second to top slots and he just turned three.

He will be using the radian until it expires when he is about 7, then we may need to figure out what to do about a lap belt only spot in our car and the inlaws cars. So maybe a ride safer vest at that point.

I won't need to buy any seats for a long time.

emandbri

Re: What do you think your next seat will be?..BUMP WERE YOU RIGHT?...

IT HAS BEEN SIX MONTHS!
Everyone who posted find their post, quote it and see if you were right! :D

I was planning to buy a frontier for Benjamin but with all the issues it has had I'm now thinking maybe a nautlis instead. Waiting to see if the bugs on the frontier are fixed and waiting to see what new covers the nautllus comes in.

I ended up not liking the frontier and still waiting on a brown cover for the nautilus. Benjamin did outgrow his MA and I put him in the radian full time and just ordered another one! :D

scatterbunny

Our next seat purchase will either be a Recaro Vivo, Sunshine Kids Monterey or Jane Indy Plus (if I can find any of those around when we have $$).

Yes, I tried to narrow it down to just ONE that will probably be our next purchase, but I seriously cannot decide which one to get. I want them all. :eek:

We borrowed Judi's Vivo to try, and H ended up not having as much room in it as I'd hoped, though it is super-comfy for her, fits very well in my Focus (very low-profile seat) even on the highest setting. I couldn't justify it, though.

We DID end up getting a Jane Indy Plus, though, and we LOVE it. :D

I still want a Monterey.

christineka

I said last Feb that I'd buy a booster next. Not sure whether I bought the FP booster or the Avenue first, but I did buy a booster. Actually, bought two boosters, the avenue, and a radian.

zeo2ski

Just ordered 2 BLVDs, so if Benjamin outgrows that RFing by height before 35 lbs, I'll get the radian XT (unless something else is tall with headwings and rf tether, lol) and keep his BLVD and the snugride for foster babies. If Benjamin hits weight before height, then we'll just need a convertible in case we get a large (or 2 at once) foster baby so probably another BLVD or maybe just go with the XT in case a future toddler is taller...

And I'd love a better infant seat...but the snugride is brand new so probably not

Yep, that's exactly what happened! He outgrew by height (and then kept on growing!) and we got the XT. And I'm still wanting a different infant seat, but I think it's just infant seats in general that I don't like, so no real plans to actually buy one.
Up next? The mystery Graco, hands down!

TerisBoys

If/when we get a second vehicle I'll be shopping for seats for it. Since I don't know what it is, I can't really say a specific seat :)

Still no second vehicle. And *gasp* no new seats in 6 months.

Though I did come >thisclose< to buying Mel's Regent.

tiggercat

A Monterey for Greg, maybe a Nauti for Megan (if it ever shows up, and she outgrows the MA before it expires), and if we're lucky perhaps a Keyfit ;)

I bought a clek for Greg. Megan or the baby will be getting a RN this summer. I'm hoping to fit a RF RN in the middle and keep Miss M in her FF MA, but if that doesn't work I'll do FF RN for her and use a borrowed snugride. I'm not sure we can swing the Keyfit, even though I'd love it. The price is awful steep here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC