**Update** Now look at this, Please! - Please check the fit of the Parkway

my2boys

ETA:
We just went to BRU and tried a Turbobooster (because he saw a print at Target he liked). What do you think of this fit? Is the lap belt ok? And the shoulder belt bunches just a little when coming through the guide - is that ok?
Which seat is better?
I hate making decisions like these - afraid I'll make the wrong one.

100_4694-1.jpg

100_4686-1.jpg

100_4680-1.jpg

100_4681.jpg

100_4690.jpg

DH likes the Turbo better for price and it will fit in his truck the full height (Parkway will hit the inside at taller height). I like the Parkway for the SG and the deeper wings.
I want to get the Parkway for my Explorer (that will be back from the shop soon - I hope) and have the Turbo for DH's truck. DH doesn't think we need 2 boosters since they are so easy to move between cars. Help! I don't know what to do!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We finally found a store close to us that had the Parkway IRL and went tonight to check it out. I took some pictures to post to see how it fits DS. These were the best I could take.
Not sure about the lap belt bunching a little. The shoulder was on the next click up from the bottom.

100_4666-1.jpg

(Please ignore the mess in the truck)

100_4668-1.jpg

~From the front but I wasn't straight on - I realized later when looking at the pics that he may not have been centered in the seat so that may move the belt better - ???

100_4678.jpg

~Again, I wasn't straight on when I took the pic

100_4671.jpg

~We had him lean away on purpose to see how far the belt would be off his shoulder. Should I maybe have had the guide up another notch? The red was above his shoulder. This pic makes it look like the red guide was too low.

100_4670.jpg

~Is that bunching ok? I didn't try to adjust the SG so maybe it would be different later on.

100_4673.jpg

So, what do you think? Good fit or no?

Last edited:
ADS

steph_s

Re: Please check the fit of the Parkway

If you make the SG clip a touch longer the lap belt won't bunch like that! :thumbsup: The bottom of the sg clip needs to be a hair taller than the tops of the thighs when sitting there. I had issues trying to figure that out at first too!

I have also noticed that while Britax says to have the Red guides at the shoulders you get a better fit if it's a bit above. I emailed Britax pictures of both fits (along with my former sg problem) and was told that the fit was better in my vehicle with the height a tad higher.

Maedze

The head rest is raised. It's too low. When you raise, the position of the shoulder belt will improve too :)

my2boys

So if I were to raise both, it would work great? No chance of it then being a bad fit?
Just wanting to make sure it's a good choice before we order it. I can't go back to the store to try him again.

Thanks.

Kat_Momof3

no promises on the lapbelt, but I've seen the SG on other kids... it's hard to get a bad fit with that seat... and the shoulderbelt I can guarantee will fit him if you position the headrest correctly.

nomatt

Just of our curiosity because we are looking to buy one... what is his height and weight?

Thanks,
Sandy

my2boys

He is right at 40# dressed, about 45" tall, at the top slots on FPSVD (not sure of torso height right off)

HTH

scatterbunny

Just based on those photos, I like the Turbo fit better.

:yeahthat: I do love the deeper wings on the PWSG, but proper belt fit is essential, the top priority.

I do think the lapbelt fit in the PWSG would be greatly improved by adjusting the SG clip, but I am not convinced the shoulderbelt won't still be too close to the edge of his shoulder even with the headrest raised one notch higher. I'd have to see pics of that before I can say for sure.

Based on these pics, for this child, I think the Turbo is a better fit.

Can you try a Recaro Vivo? I ask because it seems to fit narrower-shouldered kids very well, it will last longer height-wise than the Turbo (adjusts to a taller setting from seating area to shoulderbelt guide on highest setting), but it sits lower on the vehicle seat than the Turbo and PWSG. This means that it might be possible to use it on the highest setting in your dh's truck without it hitting the roof/side pillar.

firemomof3

I agree that the fit of the Turbobooster looks great :thumbsup: The fit of the Recaro Vivo would be very similar and would also be a good choice.

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I like the turbo better for this kid... especially since he can use it with the back to the highest level (unless the Parkway adjusts up equally as high (same amount of torso room), even though not to the tallest.

But the belt fit just looks plain better to me on him...

I'd love to see him try out a vivo in that truck, because it's so low profile (the base is thin so the kid sits lower in regards to the vehicle seat) that it's the only booster I've found that can go to full height in my van, so I'm sure it would in your hubby's truck... and it's taller than the turbo.

Only one thing I'd do differently with the turbo... move the armrests up... easier for buckling.

my2boys

Thanks all. We did go get the Turbo today at Target since they are having the sale on them.
I would have *loved* to try a Vivo but none in our area (unless someone on here has one in SW Ohio!) and DH didn't want to have to order online just to try it.
I still like the PW and may get it down the road for our other vehicle but this was a good choice for now. I just feel so much better about it with all of you saying it was a good fit and good seat.
Thank you so much. You are all such a help to nervous moms!

arly1983

I agree.

I also tried out a ParkwaySG and the fit on J was similar.

We have/had a turbobooster, Vivo, and old style parkway and the belt just fits so much better on those.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC