True Fit vs Britax Boulevard installation

new2009

Hello,
I intend to use rental cars only and was wondering which car seat - the True Fit or the Boulevard - would be easier to install in rental cars? TIA

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Both are pretty easy. Depends which Boulevard you mean. The older lockoffs were easier, the new ones are a pain, and I find the True Fit lockoffs easier. If you're doing LATCH, the Boulevard is probably a bit easier.

Wendy

new2009

I haven't bought the seat yet so it would be the newest model.

I would be putting the seat in the back in the middle seat (the safest location right?) so there wouldn't be the LATCH system there. Thanks.

Kegracin

If your aiming for the middle seat which probably does not have Latch I would probably go with the Truefit I also like the lock offs on the truefit. I think they are easier then the lock offs on the new britax seats (I have a MA70 from when they first came out and the lock offs are a pain britax did improve the lock offs some and they are better but I still think the truefit lock offs are easier). If your going to use latch I would go with the Blvd. (I took my dd on a business trip I was able to move her sound a sleep from my co-workers car to my car with out waking her up because the independent latch straps on the britax seats are so awesome.)

Good luck.

justKate

I agree w/the PP. DH does our installs and prefers the TF for seatbelt installs and the Blvd for LATCH. But TBH i love both--have both in my car right now--and i think you'll get more milage and RFing leg room out of the TF. Good luck w/ your decision!

new2009

Thanks for your replies.

I'm a bit surprised that it's such a tight race b/w the 2 in terms of ease of installation. I thought Britax was over-rated in almost every respect except that they are very easy to install compared to other seats. I know that TF is a favorite on this board with the extended weight/height limits but I'm very concerned about ease of installation given that I will be using rental cars/taxis. Did I imagine reading about installation problems with TF? I was leaning towards Boulevard until reading the replies on this posting.

jjordan

I think (and I could be wrong about this, because I don't actually own a truefit) that the lockoffs are REQUIRED in a truefit. I have heard of this occasionally causing problems, because people can't get the lockoffs to work properly, and they don't have the option of NOT using them. Whereas with the Britax seats, if you can't get the lockoffs to work, or you simply don't want to use them, then you don't have to. So you're unlikely to get a true incompatibility with the Britax, but it is possible to get an incompatibility with the Truefit (due to a seatbelt that is too thick for the lockoff, for example).

justKate

Its true about the TF lockoffs being required; not sure about the Blvd--we've always been able to use them. Interested to hear of any true incompatibilities w/the TF b/c we just bought another....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC