true fit shoulder straps on smaller baby

amandav

when we put him in the seat we have a hard time getting the shoulder straps to sit on his shoulders, and they seem to fall off his shoulders sometimes?
is this normal in the True Fit, my son is 3 w1/2 months old.
Im kinda wishing we would have gotten the my ride because of this issue.

ADS

Pixels

Where are his shoulders in relation to the slots? And do you have the infant insert in or out? It might be time to move him up to the next slots, or play with adding/removing the insert to see if that makes his shoulders line up with the slots better.

jess71903

Ambassador
I found that I needed the chest clip a little higher than I might have liked on other seats, too, to pull the straps in a bit. and :yeahthat: to Pixels.

all together ooky

I found I had to move the straps up earlier than I thought I should to get a nice shoulder fit. And that was for each slot. It's one reason I don't recommend the True Fit for newborns. It'll fit some babies well, but not the narrow shouldered ones.
Definitely try playing with the insert too (like Pixels said).

jess71903

Ambassador
Ooh, that reminds me- The True Fit's harness slots are a little weird. It's hard to tell exactly where they are in relation to the shoulders because they are set so far back in the seat. I was surprised when I stuck a butter knife in the actual slot. DD needed the harness moved up but it didn't really look like it until I stuck the butter knife in the slot.

mommycat

I briefly used the TF RF for DS2 when he was ~18mo, I think? I really didn't like the way it fit him at that time. I have seen it fit fine on some kids but I had the same issue. One time DH put him in and the straps were off his shoulders altogether. I swapped seats around the next day. :( I really hope that some of the suggestions given above help make things better. Sometimes things just don't work out as planned, though, so if the seat doesn't work for you, consider replacing it, or at least getting one to use until your LO i s a bit bigger (maybe an inexpensive Scenera).

ETA I guess my kids are just built narrow, DS1 is also one of those kids who don't fit in a Monterey booster because the shoulder belt is too far to the side on his shoulder.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC