True Fit arrived today...I am not impressed...

dkdean

True Fit arrived today...Changing my impression upon 2nd look.

ETA: I took the TF out of the box again and the cover isn't 'scratchy'...just a different fabric than I was expecting. So, I read the manual, had DD sit in it (she LOVES the butterfies), got the LATCH strap RF'ing, and just installed it. I like it :) :thumbsup: Install wasn't bad, but it was a struggle to get the strap tight--where the plastic part of the seat comes out? I felt like it was hard to get a good angle to tighten it. But, it feels tight--I like the lock-offs and now 'get' the crotch part. A couple questions:
1-For RF'ing--the crotch buckle strap has to be in the 1st (closest to baby) position, right? It also says not if the crotch strap is under the child...so, I didn't know if you could do 2nd position if 1st was under the child.

2-The manual says to remove the infant insert (I have a 29lb 2y/o)--but I didn't see if it said to remove the shoulder 'pad' (?) too? I like that that pad covers the 'ridges' of where the straps go, but didn't know if that was included in the 'infant insert' piece.

Thank you for all your help and for bearing with me. I do think this seat will last us a while...although I am keeping the MR for DH's car :)

I just took it out of the box and the cover is really scratchy (butterflies)...also, I can see the yellow foam around the crotch buckle...the seat just doesn't seem to be what I was expecting (this is just on initial look--I am planning to return it, so I haven't attempted install). The cover around the straps just doesn't seem like it'd be comfy (ie. not like how the BLVD harness moves which is what I was expecting).

Are all covers scratchy? Is it normal to not have the cover fit around the crotch buckle? I was really wanting to like this seat since it has a higher shell--but I think I will return it and get another MR.

Just wondering...

Last edited:
ADS

TheNimpsGirl

I have the brown cappuccino cover and it is very soft. Simular to the MR bartlet cover I have. I'm not sure what you mean by the yellow foam around the crotch buckle because mine doesn't have that, all I can see is the yellow plastic.

I will say though that compared to my MR I don't love it as much but it is still a great seat.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's not foam around the crotch buckle. It's the adjuster. If you push down on it you can move the crotch strap. No unthreading it and rethreading it.

My Cranberry TFP is very soft and plush.

Wendy

armywife12

Not all of the covers are scratchy. My sporty blue is but its not uncomfortable by any means, at least not for my son. The yellow area at the crotch is how you adjust the crotch buckle position. It doesn't look nice but it serves a purpose. I suspect the back part of the cover is like that ro make it easier to take off the cover, since the harness is not removable. Iit also allows the harness height to be adjusted easily. If the true fit rf to 40lbs, it would be my favorite seat. We loved ours and it makes a much nicer ff seat than the myride, imo. If your Chile needs the higher rf weight limit more, id go with the myride but would keep the true fit if its not needed. I like the true fit though.

macmomma

I have the cappuccino cover and it it very, very soft. Like someone else already said- the yellow stuff is not foam but plastic and being used to adjust the crotch strap.
I :love: this seat. I really like how deep it is and he can really snuggle into it:)

dkdean

Maybe I will install it and see how it goes. I love the look of the butterflies (and was so happy to find a girl cover!)--curious to see how it fits in my vehicle and my DD. She is still under 30lbs so the 35lb limit should be okay to get us another year+ RF.

Thanks for the feedback.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: impression has changed!

Pictures! Please pictures!

Answers to your questions:
  1. you can use the 2nd crotch buckle position for RF when the 1st position no longer fits
  2. you must remove the infant insert at 22# but the head support can be used as long as you like

dkdean

Re: True Fit arrived today...

Will do on the pics :)

And, I thought I'd changed the title of my original post....is there a way to change it?? I don't want to give people the wrong idea now that I have changed my mind!!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: True Fit arrived today...

Will do on the pics :)
Sweet. :thumbsup:

And, I thought I'd changed the title of my original post....is there a way to change it?? I don't want to give people the wrong idea now that I have changed my mind!!!
Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't (it can depend on how long it's been since the post was made and might even depend on which forum it was posted in). In this case you couldn't so you'll only see the new title at the top of your original post but not for the overall thread. You can use the "report" button (read triangle) at the bottom left of your post and you can ask a mod to change the title for you.

jess71903

Ambassador
Re: True Fit arrived today...Changing my impression upon 2nd look.

Install wasn't bad, but it was a struggle to get the strap tight--where the plastic part of the seat comes out? I felt like it was hard to get a good angle to tighten it.

I'm glad you got it worked out :thumbsup:.
I thought I'd address this part. Did you thread the tail of the LATCH strap back up through the seat or try to tighten it from the outside? You get a much better angle to pull if you thread the tail back up through the seat (in by the lock-off) and pull from there.

dkdean

Posted some pics on the installation thread :)

And, thanks for the tip on the the latch strap....that never entered my mind and will certainly help! Thanks!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC