TrendZ Eurosport action pics, manual highlights and review

Havah

Thanks for posting this. When I was considering the Eurosport, I didn't realize that DD would outgrow the harness before she was ready for the booster mode. Is it just me, or does that make absolutely no sense? :confused:

ADS

Pixels

It's not all that unusual among the cheaper combination seats. The AOE, AO, Chase, many are often outgrown by harness height often before a child is ready (at least by our standards of 4 and 40) for booster mode. Not all that unusual for a child to be in limbo with a seat, either, where there is no way for a child to properly use the seat (say, over the top harness slots but not yet the minimum age of three for booster use).

The idea of it being the last seat you'll need sells seats, whether or not it's realistic.

mustanglaurie

I am confused... I see two different types of Trendz H2B seat posts - one with Rigid LATCH, and this one, which seems to have ribbon LATCH connectors. Please tell me if there are in fact two versions of this seat?

Baylor

Yeah, you lost me at the 15" harness height. :thumbsdown:

*snort*

I just don't understand.. 70lb harnesses with only 15 in top height? Who are they making this for? Humpty dumpty?

They do realize kids get taller as they get older right? My E is 48 lbs and in the top slot of his GN. I just moved him so he has room so I think he may get to 55 maybe 60? Depending if he keeps growing like now..

Why are they making HWH (70lbs) seats with lower HH than the GN? That makes no sense to me!

Kat_Momof3

I am confused... I see two different types of Trendz H2B seat posts - one with Rigid LATCH, and this one, which seems to have ribbon LATCH connectors. Please tell me if there are in fact two versions of this seat?

these are two different seats

this one, with flexible latch, is the Eurosport

the one with rigid latch is a 3-in-1 combo seat (ff only harness, highback booster, no back booster) is the Fast Back

Pixels

I just don't understand.. 70lb harnesses with only 15 in top height? Who are they making this for? Humpty dumpty?

They do realize kids get taller as they get older right? My E is 48 lbs and in the top slot of his GN. I just moved him so he has room so I think he may get to 55 maybe 60? Depending if he keeps growing like now..

Why are they making HWH (70lbs) seats with lower HH than the GN? That makes no sense to me!

It has a 50 pounds harness limit, not 70 pounds.

Yes, many kids will outgrow the seat by height. And yes, kids get taller as they get older. Some kids are proportionate, some are not. Some need higher weights without really needing height.

My biggest concern with this seat not fitting appropriately is when a parent buys it at the "last seat you'll ever need" and then the child is over the harness height limit but too short for the booster.

Baylor

It has a 50 pounds harness limit, not 70 pounds.

Yes, many kids will outgrow the seat by height. And yes, kids get taller as they get older. Some kids are proportionate, some are not. Some need higher weights without really needing height.

My biggest concern with this seat not fitting appropriately is when a parent buys it at the "last seat you'll ever need" and then the child is over the harness height limit but too short for the booster.

Sorry, I must have confused it with another seat.

And Completely agree with bolded part.

mustanglaurie

Kat_Momof3 said:
these are two different seats

this one, with flexible latch, is the Eurosport

the one with rigid latch is a 3-in-1 combo seat (ff only harness, highback booster, no back booster) is the Fast Back

OK, that makes sense. Do you also know how to find the Trendz brand online? I've tried Googling just about everything: trends by baby trend; eurosport; fastback... The only links I am finding lead me back here.
I am ISO a new H2B for my DD1 and want to see more on this rigid LATCH fast back. Is there a known schedule for rollout?
(I hope this is not a long wait like for the Foonf... My DD2 needs one of those like yesterday!!)

Kat_Momof3

they aren't up on the babytrend site yet.

if the eurosport is any indication, it may not be long

but I would also wait and see what the new evenflo combo is like... it looks really promising... the SecureKid 300/400 both versions will be under 150 and look really awesome on carseatblog's facebook page.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
We have a couple videos and lots of photos of the new TrendZ combo seats and Baby Trend infant seats coming soon to Carseatblog!

finn

Installation with long belt path, seatbelt, was not bad. The manual says to take both the lap and shoulder belt and place it where the lap belt is supposed to go, then after it's routed and buckled to grab the shoulder portion and force it up into its proper position. Um, no, that's not what I did. The shoulder belt on the retractor side seemed like it wanted to slip up and off of where it's supposed to go.
IMG_1979.jpg

This looks really weird to me. The European seats we get over here the diagonal part (on the non buckle side) of the seat belt goes up under the head rest, to kind of act as a tether. I am going to go and check my manual to make sure I have mine installed correctly! Thats how I do it for the Frontier as well, maybe I should read that manual again too!

Pixels

This looks really weird to me. The European seats we get over here the diagonal part (on the non buckle side) of the seat belt goes up under the head rest, to kind of act as a tether. I am going to go and check my manual to make sure I have mine installed correctly! Thats how I do it for the Frontier as well, maybe I should read that manual again too!

Yours sounds correct for the Frontier. The belt routing for this seat is quite unique. This seat's long belt path is ONLY used with a tether, never without, so there's no need for the shoulder belt to go up the back of the seat to act as pseudo-tether.

The long belt path routing on this seat is the same for lap/shoulder, lap-only, and LATCH belt installs, with the latter two methods omitting the shoulder portion of course.

finn

Pixels said:
Yours sounds correct for the Frontier. The belt routing for this seat is quite unique. This seat's long belt path is ONLY used with a tether, never without, so there's no need for the shoulder belt to go up the back of the seat to act as pseudo-tether.

Ah that makes sense :) my other European seat doesn't have a tether.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC