Question Top tether anchor in 2000 VW Jetta

U

Unregistered

DD is riding in a Britax Frontier 90. She's getting close to the 65lbs when the top tether becomes mandatory, and I know it should be tethered anyway.

Our 2000 VW Jetta sedan has an obvious top-tether anchor for the middle seat on the rear "shelf" but I'm having trouble locating an anchor for the outboard position. There is a metal ring with a spring on the side wall of the trunk, very close to the back of the rear passenger bench, but that seems like an odd location.

Can someone tell me where this anchor is and/or what it looks like?

Thank you!!!

ADS

Dillipop

Google is failing me but 2000 was the model year VW added tether anchors to the jetta and by law there have to be 3 back there. Can you take a picture if the rear shelf? Are there any plastic buttons on that shelf that can be popped off to access anything under them? How about when you raise the headrest? Anything under there? In a sedan, they really should be on that back shelf somewhere and be pretty much directly behind each seating position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

Unregistered

There's only one in the center on the rear-shelf (and it's very obvious) but I think I may have found them in the trunk. They look like the lower anchors in the seats and are attached to the back of the bumper (inside the trunk). They're perfectly centered for the two outboard seats. So it looks like you have to have the tether strap run all the way through the trunk to attach on the other side. There's nothing else -I lifted the carpeting in the trunk etc but couldn't find anything.

E

Eliana

There's only one in the center on the rear-shelf (and it's very obvious) but I think I may have found them in the trunk. They look like the lower anchors in the seats and are attached to the back of the bumper (inside the trunk). They're perfectly centered for the two outboard seats. So it looks like you have to have the tether strap run all the way through the trunk to attach on the other side. There's nothing else -I lifted the carpeting in the trunk etc but couldn't find anything.
Hello! I have the same issue in 2021, and I found those sames anchor, but I dont know if they really are tether anchors.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi! The only tether anchor points in a 2000 Jetta are on the filler panel. There's one in the center in some models; otherwise you have to retrofit. If you can provide specific details of your model, I can get you retrofit information.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC