The Safety First 50 lb RFing seat has landed!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's identical to the seat we had at BRU (and Target), that only sold out last week. I've fit it in a few cars front-to-back RF ok, like, an Xterra/Pathfinder? And an Escalade? It's not hot for fitting next to another seat or person, though.
Annnyway, yeah, I secretly love it, and wish I could sell it to more people for ERF, because nothing else compares to it's leg room (like 15", Britax is like 11", roughly), but also have a nagging question about rebound control for older kids. Maybe side curtain airbags mitigate some of that risk? I haven't heard of new rebound injuries to RF kids recently, maybe they aren't there? Time for a new study! (Canada seems to think it's important, their seats have such strict standards about rebound control, is it based on actual or theoretical injury risk...?)

Hazelandlucy

It's identical to the seat we had at BRU (and Target), that only sold out last week. I've fit it in a few cars front-to-back RF ok, like, an Xterra/Pathfinder? And an Escalade? It's not hot for fitting next to another seat or person, though.
Annnyway, yeah, I secretly love it, and wish I could sell it to more people for ERF, because nothing else compares to it's leg room (like 15", Britax is like 11", roughly), but also have a nagging question about rebound control for older kids. Maybe side curtain airbags mitigate some of that risk? I haven't heard of new rebound injuries to RF kids recently, maybe they aren't there? Time for a new study! (Canada seems to think it's important, their seats have such strict standards about rebound control, is it based on actual or theoretical injury risk...?)

I would love that study too! Also can't wait for Consumer Reports this year as they are taking into account downward rotation and front seat interaction...I still need to be convinced that a load leg wouldn't be a super good thing for a 45 lb RF kid.

bnsnyde

Are there concerns with this seat RF for bigger kids?

The alternative would be FF for us, so I wonder how to weigh the concerns here.

I know a 5 YO just died locally here, in a bad frontal crash. All it said was "in a carseat," so who knows. Dad survived and was closer to the point of impact. That really makes me want to RF as long as possible! Not that we would necessarily get to 5, but we might get pretty far in a 50 lb. RF seat with a tall shell!

lgenne

I so want to see a review of the new version of this seat! Does anyone know the difference between it and the predecessor?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I so want to see a review of the new version of this seat! Does anyone know the difference between it and the predecessor?

Nothing outwardly different except the labels and the covers. Not sure what testing magic they had to apply to allow the numbers to be so much higher, if anything, but it's literally the same giganto seat it's always been, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC