The Safety First 50 lb RFing seat has landed!

ADS

bnsnyde

Really? The company told me late June.
I might want one for 2 YO.

Does anyone know if the height on this is a lot higher for RF?? Higher than my Radian? So, worth buying?

I doubt I'll need 50 lbs.
But I'd like to RF her until 3 or 4 and she is 95% for height.

Our Radian doesn't install well in the spot I need.

aporthole

Really? The company told me late June.
I might want one for 2 YO.

Does anyone know if the height on this is a lot higher for RF?? Higher than my Radian? So, worth buying?

I doubt I'll need 50 lbs.
But I'd like to RF her until 3 or 4 and she is 95% for height.

Our Radian doesn't install well in the spot I need.

The height is much higher than a Radian. It is a HUGE seat though. For super tall yet lighter kids, the Britax ClickTights and Graco MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me/Headwise, 4ever, Milestone, and Contender are your better bets as long as the 40 lb RFing limit is sufficient for you. They also are all more compact front to back.

Hazelandlucy

The height is much higher than a Radian. It is a HUGE seat though. For super tall yet lighter kids, the Britax ClickTights and Graco MySize/Size4Me/Fit4Me/Headwise, 4ever, Milestone, and Contender are your better bets as long as the 40 lb RFing limit is sufficient for you. They also are all more compact front to back.

The legroom is unbelievable in the Safety 1st for tall kids though! I wish Britax would have thought to lengthen the seat pan when they made the shell so tall.

bnsnyde

We have an Advocate (2011). Side wings prevent front seats going all the way back anyway.

Seat will go in the middle seat of the 2nd row Odyssey. I am thinking that no matter how big, no big deal since there is ample room in front of it.

I think I want to try it. I don't think our Advocate will keep her RF as long as I'd like. I know I need higher than 40 lbs. for sure. I am not sure I need 50...but it can't hurt.

Hazelandlucy

Would anyone use a seat like this to RF past 4 or is it just helpful in getting big kids to 3 or 4? Is there much benefit of RF after 4?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Would anyone use a seat like this to RF past 4 or is it just helpful in getting big kids to 3 or 4? Is there much benefit of RF after 4?

There's always a benefit to RFing, no matter how old a person is. It's just that at some point, it becomes impractical. If someone WANTS to RF beyond 4, obviously a tall seat with a high weight limit is a good idea.

I want to try this seat for my 3-year-old simply because the adjuster seems amazingly smooth. I don't really need the extra height or weight, just the smoothness.

MotoMommaNH

Smoothness with the harness is a must in hubbys car. He hates the Frontier90 and so that's in my van. When baby girl outgrows the MA70, this seat will be a strong contender. Although only if it'll fit in the Accord!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Hazelandlucy

Is there any concern about no rebound control and a 50 lb kid? I think all the other seats that go past 40 lbs have a tether or bar.

MotoMommaNH

^^true....maybe it has large enough bolsters? Haven't seen it in person so I couldn't say for sure though.

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

Athena

Anyone who has a FB account want to reply to one of the last comments from 11 hours ago to correct her claim that a 33" child is at risk of broken legs RFing? Then again, those stats have got to be wrong ... even the BMI calculator says to recheck stats because her supposed weights are way too low for the heights. Maybe she's not real.

Anyway, amazing to hear about this seat! I have to agree with the other thread. They've come a long way!

bnsnyde

I would be giving up my RF tether to use this seat, since we currently have that on our Advocate.

So...a little torn on that. She is only 29 lbs. right now and 22 months...but she'll grow. Maybe not to 50 in this seat though. But she's tall.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I will be excited to see some reviews and pics. My 4.5 year old loves RFing and is at 43lbs right now. He's on the taller side for his age as well.

bnsnyde

The company told me it was not a continuous harness.
I really don't find those easy; just not used to them.

So if it's truly smooth and easy as people say, I'd be happy! Though our Britax is perfect in that regard and super easy to get really tight, even for dad.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC