That seemed too easy...(Frontier)

jnh896

Hello,

We just got the Frontier for our 3 year old. I was expecting it to be difficult to install based on reviews that I read, but it didn't seem difficult at all. So, now I'm wondering if I did something wrong. (only half kidding.)

Additionally - this is my first time installing with the seat belt because DD has reached the weight limits for LATCH. We have a 2006 Honday Odyssey and she rides outboard, but with the seat moved over to the middle position so we had to do the long belt path insallation. I had a rock solid install with LATCH for her Boulevard (wouldn't move at all) I am getting a little movement at the base of the Frontier, but not much, so I'm not sure if it's within the acceptable limits of 1 inch of movement. I would prefer no movement like I had with the BV.

Should I add a locking clip? My husband and I did this install together and he had his weight in the seat so I don't know how much more tightly we can get it.

Thoughts? Thank you!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Try reclining the captain's chair, then tighten by pulling up on the shoulderbelt at the buckle so the lapbelt gets really tight, then pull the captain's chair back up again.
I'm amazed that your belt reaches that far to do the long path when the captain's chair is slid to the center... :)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Make sure the recline foot is pulled forward...the only time the Frontier has been easy for me to install is when I forgot to pull that foot forward.:twocents:

autumnlily

I have always been pleasantly surprised with the LBP install and Frontier. I've tried SBP and been frustrated and now just go for LBP.

WhatAboutPuppy

I have always been pleasantly surprised with the LBP install and Frontier. I've tried SBP and been frustrated and now just go for LBP.

:yeahthat:

hehe I can't get the SBP at all but LBP is very very easy. :)
The leaning the vehicle seat back and tightening the belt then shoving the vehicle seat back into place totally works!! It makes the install in my Element EASY! :love:

amie815

I did the tilting the seat back and then bringing it back up trick when I installed my friend's Frontiers. They were nice and snug and I thought pretty easy to install.

babygirlsmom1005

I found it easy to install with belt (once I figured out LBP wouldn't work - our belts weren't long enough) so it's intalled SBP with no issues at all.

Mommy0608

The others have already left great comments, but I wanted to chime in that no, you do not need a locking clip with a belt that locks on it's own. All vehicles 1996 and newer have pre-crash locking seatbelts - they either lock at the retractor or the latchplate. The only time you'd need a locking clip with a newer, locking seatbelt is if the locking retractor causes the seat to tip, but this is usually only an issue with rear-facing infant seats - definitely not an issue with a Frontier. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC