Tell me about the Graco Quattro deluxe stroller

Brigala

CPST Instructor
So... DH's daughter registered for a Baby Trend travel system. They don't want the Baby Trend car seat, but they love the stroller.

So I went out and grabbed a lone stroller (same kind as what they registered for) off Craigslist for her for $20. It's a little cosmetically challenged in some places, but I'll clean it up for her.

I can see why they liked it at BRU. Without a baby in it, it feels like it handles like a dream. They like the enclosed parent storage tray, the large basket underneath, the one hand fold. Thing is, I took it to Ikea after I got it, and pushed DD around for a bit. Once you put a 25 lb toddler in it, it becomes really hard to steer.

So I'm considering getting this travel system for them as a gift:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graco-Quatt...pt=Strollers&hash=item20be7eb6e8#ht_801wt_883

Tell me a bit about this stroller, someone. How good is it? I can't quite figure out that thing on the handle that is shown in the picture. I've googled a bunch of pictures but nothing really clearly shows the "deluxe parent storage area" Graco advertises for this stroller.

Right now they think we're giving them our OBA35. But they don't know we're hoping to get pregnant again before their baby is here and I'm chickening out on giving them our seat. I think I'd rather just get them their own set-up. It would be nice to surprise them with a nice new travel system, but only if they'll like the stroller. For their last baby I scored a Peg Perego travel system cheap at Big Lots. They never used the car seat in it (they already had one) but they loved that stroller. But they thought they weren't going to have any more kids so they gave the stroller away and it's already been through like 3 more kids with their friends and they don't want it back.

Actually, if I could get another Peg stroller for them for a reasonable price, that would be cool too.

Their "must haves" as she said she needs in a stroller:
Parent storage for keys/phone type stuff
Parent cup holders
Large storage basket
Lays flat for a newborn or sleeping baby
One-hand fold

ADS

celtic1885

I have the Graco Quattro Duo (double) and loved it. Handled like a dream, turned with one hand. Worked well, but got sucked into a McClaren cause it folded smaller (umbrella fold). I need to dust off the Quattro and sell it, it's in excellent condition.

My sil has the single and they're on their second kid with it. It handles great as well.

hrice

I liked my Quattro Double until my kids got heavier and then it was a b**** to steer. But I am pretty sure that just comes with the territory with front to back strollers.

mominabigtruck

The quattro tour is great if you've never had a "nice" stroller or don't mind a stroller taking up your entire trunk. It steers great and can handle being loaded down but it is a beast folded up. I wouldn't mind using one for the fair but I am too spoiled by my pliko and macs with the small fold. The other problem I have with it is the same as all gracos, it is a ***** to take apart and clean, which is probably why I see so many filthy ones at the thrift store.
Posted via Mobile Device

jewlsvern

I have a Quattro Tour. I bought it when pregnant with DD. I liked it but it broke a month after her first birthday. The plastic piece when it lays flat broke off. It is big and bulky. We have continued to use it until now. That said I would probably get something else if I had it to do again.

This time we got the Britax B-agile. It is so much lighter and folds smaller.

zactayaus

I loved our Quattro. Pushed awesome, folded awesome, not nearly as huge or heavy as our sit and stand or our jogging stroller so I never considered it a beast at all. lol. I was even able to push it with ds3 sitting in the seat and ds2 standing on the front footrest with ease. We still have it but don't use it anymore. Gavin has a giant torso and his entire head clears the top of the seat back now.:eek:

tjham

I love mine! I have used it through two grandkids. I still use it with my grandson and he is 6 and 45 lbs. In his defense, I need it more then he does! I am debating what to do the next time we go to the zoo, as I sometimes need help walking and don't want a cane or crutches. The stroller fills the need much easier. He hops in and out, mostly out! But it is great for holding snacks, jackets, water, etc.

As for cleaning it, I take it out in the backyard occasionally and hose the whole thing off. I rub down the dirty areas, and let air dry. It always comes out fine.

lovemybabybug

Besides the fact that it's big when folded, I loved mine. Steers so nicely, it's sturdy, and between that and the Baby Trend, Graco hands down. I used my SIL's BT and OMG that thing is just awful. Although the graco is bulky, the fold is better than the BT because the BT doesn't fold in "half". I ended up retiring my Graco at 6 months because I was just tired of loading it and unloading it, but I miss it sometimes.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC