SureRide vs Maestro... Which do you prefer?

love-pink

Between the Sureride & the Maestro which do you prefer for ffing? Why?

Do you find the straps more twisty on one?

Anyone have pics of the two side by side from the front or back to back?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It depends on the situation.

Overall, I prefer the Sureride, but that's because I dislike the actual look of the Maestro. There's something about its upper shape that just irks me. :eek:

For recommending to others, it truly depends. They pretty much cancel each other out in terms of pros and cons.

• It seems that most the people to whom I recommend the Sureride will only be using it FF, so the RF capacity is "wasted."
  • When I recommend the Maestro, it is as a harnessed seat only (since the booster is the same height as the top harness slot), so the booster capacity is "wasted."
  • Some older kids find the Maestro to be more "big kid," and the Sureride to be more "little kid"
  • Some older kids find the Sureride to be more "cozy" and comfy.
  • The Sureride has a possible harness issue with it (possibly) falling off the splitter plate in some situations)
  • The Maestro has a potentially twisty harness (as it seems most seats dp now :mad:).

See? They cancel each other out in terms of pros and cons.

What is the situation you have? For which child do you need a new seat?

Kel

I'm considering a sure ride. I like the deep shell and the over all look of the seat. I dislike the look of the maestro also. I always prefer a convertible, because I never use combo seats as boosters. Boosters are so cheap. I also like having the option to RF in an emergency, because I'm weird I guess, lol...

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
SureRide has higher weight limits and very high harness slots and kids gain extra room due to the shape of the seat. It'll last far longer.

heather13619

I ADORED the Maestro while we used it, and was sad when my daughter outgrew it. Never dealt with twisty straps. The SureRide will definitely last longer both height/weight though and the booster on the Maestro isn't going to last long enough to make it a huge selling point. I guess it'd really depend on the age/weight/height of the kid I'd be getting the seat for.

linneabw

I've never installed a Sureride but have a maestro and the install is so quick and easy. But I have big kids do I'd buy the Sureride if I had a choice.

mominabigtruck

If the Sr had the same buckle my maestro has it would be like almost perfect. They're both super easy to use and install though so it really depends on whether you need the additional height and weight of the sr.

2BunniesMommy

I vote Sureride. It is the one I chose when DD2 needed a new seat for going with Grammy. I had been thinking of a Maestro. Have never used one, just have seen/played with them in stores. I love the deepness of the Sureride, the fact it will last so much longer, and the super easy install. The lasting longer is what did make me choose it, the rest was just gravy.

Irishmama

No pics, sorry! I sold my Maestro about two months ago to a friend. But DD2 was on the top slot of the Maestro with about 1/2 inch growing room, but was on the second to top slot of the SureRide with about 1 (?) inch of growing room. She found them equally comfy but did complain more about the SureRide being a "baby" seat. She liked the cupholders of the Maestro. Less head slump in the SureRide though. Both had mildly twisty straps but the buckles were fine on both of mine.

I found the ff installs to be equally easy on both, other than that darn short top tether Evenflo has. :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC