Space saving highchairs

Maggie

I'm looking for a highchair for DD3 for Christmas. She's likes to join us during meal time and listen to us chat, but I can't hold her anymore. She's grabbing for stuff already! :eek: So I want to get her a highchair to hang out in.

I'm not big into baby gear cluttering my house :whistle: so I'd prefer one that attaches to my dining room chair.

I know there is the Fisher Price space saver one. Just wondering if there are any other ones out there that are any good. I want one that reclines because DD is only 3 months. I'd also like a soft seat cover, not just a hard plastic one like some of the booster seats have.

If you have the FP one, do you like it?

ADS

Kaede's_Mom

I think mine is the FP one. I like it, it has sevral recline modes and would acomodate smaller and younget children well. My only complaint was our kitchen table (which has since been replaced) was a funky hight so the high chair didnt slide all the way up to it. It has a nice big tray that is also adjustable to match the recline, or when it is off the arms it ataches too will roate forward to help with funky tables. It wipes clean like a dream too.

Over all I loved it, I too dont like the big ones that clutter, and when I bought it we didnt have room for anything else.

Pixels

I have the FP one and am completely happy with it. My only recommendation is to put a towel over your kitchen chair before putting the high chair on it to protect it from food and crumbs. I can take the chair completely apart (remove all straps, separate the chair into separate plastic pieces) and wash it down in the tub in just a few minutes. Let it sit and dry, and reassemble it in a couple of minutes. The straps come clean pretty readily and dry quickly as well. It comes with a padded cover but I got tired of taking the cover off to clean the cover and the chair underneath the cover, so I left the cover off. DD doesn't mind, but I did use it when she was smaller. It has 3 recline positions: straight up, about 45 degrees, and one in between. The removable back is very secure and plenty tall to support a baby until they don't need the support. DD is at third slots in Radian, second slots of TF, and the top of her head is only a little above the top of the seat. Oh and it has a 5 point harness, or a 3 point depending how you assemble it. We use it as a 3pt (hips and crotch) and it holds my wiggleworm DD well even if it's not carseat tight.

Sorry that wasn't really organized, it was more of a stream of consciousness review.

Maggie

I have the FP one and am completely happy with it. My only recommendation is to put a towel over your kitchen chair before putting the high chair on it to protect it from food and crumbs. I can take the chair completely apart (remove all straps, separate the chair into separate plastic pieces) and wash it down in the tub in just a few minutes. Let it sit and dry, and reassemble it in a couple of minutes. The straps come clean pretty readily and dry quickly as well. It comes with a padded cover but I got tired of taking the cover off to clean the cover and the chair underneath the cover, so I left the cover off. DD doesn't mind, but I did use it when she was smaller. It has 3 recline positions: straight up, about 45 degrees, and one in between. The removable back is very secure and plenty tall to support a baby until they don't need the support. DD is at third slots in Radian, second slots of TF, and the top of her head is only a little above the top of the seat. Oh and it has a 5 point harness, or a 3 point depending how you assemble it. We use it as a 3pt (hips and crotch) and it holds my wiggleworm DD well even if it's not carseat tight.

Sorry that wasn't really organized, it was more of a stream of consciousness review.

Okay, I love how you were able to relate it to carseats. Love it. Only here, right?

Holly

I had the fisher price space saver, and I loved it! The whole tray was dishwasher safe, and the reclines were nice. I liked that the tray could stay level even if you reclined the seat.
I gave it to my mom and bought a full size high chair before #3 was born, but only because we didn't have any extra chairs to hook it to and I wanted to have wheels to wheel ds around the kitchen with me.
We use the space saver at my mom's house and it's been great there.

I also love the looks of this new chicco hook on highchair. The seat can rotate 360 degrees and the tray can snap on or off and is dish washer safe.
http://www.chiccousa.com/gear/highchairs-hookons/360-hook-on/360-hook-on-seadreams.aspx

Pixels

I have the chair on a desk chair right now. Wheel her into the kitchen with me when I'm home alone, and back to the dining table for family meals.

Maggie

I'm with everyone else. I have a Graco Contempo high chair and a Fisher Price healthy care deluxe booster. I love them both, but I wish I would've saved money and killed two birds with one stone and bought the space saver high chair.
Safety First has a similar chair that has good reviews and is cheaper, also.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3312379

Oh, I like that one. It looks even more compact than the FP one. Thanks :thumbsup:

FLmom

We :love: our FP space saver. The padding is so easy to clean and the padding covers the whole seat area (not like the safety 1st one linked, don't know if it would matter to you, but worth mentioning). It's super easy to wipe down. Our's still looks brand new. The tray goes on and off easily with one hand, which is great when you have a hungry, wiggly baby in your other arm. It comes with a five point harness but we took the shoulder straps off to make it easier to buckle him in and out.

Blondie87

I liked my Fisher Price Space Saver when I had it. We are about to get a kitchen table again so I need to look at some more. In an apartment we need all the space we can get!

keri1292

I adore the hook-on type chairs. We have an old Graco one that I still keep for company. It really puts them at the table and keeps an extra chair open. If that interests you, I'd just hold her for a bit longer until she's able to sit upright for dinner. I really love ours and so did the babes. :thumbsup:

hsjwmom

Oops, didn't mean to Thank you, Keri! lol

Holly, that Chicco seat looks amazing! I have a FP Healthy Care booster that has been fine, but I :love: the looks of that Chicco! We've been wanting to get a new kitchen table, but one of the bar-height ones... I'll bet that Chicco seat would be perfect!

Maggie

The Chicco looks really cool, but our table is really thick. It's hard to explain, but there is like a lip that makes it really thick, I wonder if the clamp would fit. The table it shows is flat.

keri1292

The Chicco looks really cool, but our table is really thick. It's hard to explain, but there is like a lip that makes it really thick, I wonder if the clamp would fit. The table it shows is flat.

~ Rubber table clamps for quick and secure attachment negotiates table skirting up to 5.5" thick
Measure yours and see. :thumbsup:

Kyras_Mama

We have 2 of the FP space savers (one here and one at Grandma's) and love them. We also have a booster that fits on the chair in a very similar way that has been great. If I'd known ahead of time we'd be having two little ones needing a chair/booster at the same time we'd have gone with the Graco blossom 4-in-one right away though as it covers all the stages and you have the option of doing a traditional highchair, strapping it to an adult chair or one of each with it. We have one of these at Grandma's house too and really like it.

Blondie87

We just got my 360 swivel Chicco high chair. 1 day shipping.. diapers.com is AWESOME! I love it. It came like at 7 pm, so the kids were just going to bed, so they sat in it and that's about it. But it's awesome. I want to get another one!

Blondie87

I have a lip on mine too.. and it fits great. Like Keri said.. measure and see! :)

Holly

Wow, thats crazy that it is already there!
I Love Diapers.com, I always got my orders the next day too. I was so excited when I ordered my Radian and it came the next afternoon!
We need pics!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC