So annoyed!

Jordynsmama

Now bf says he wants to wait till the end of the yr to get a new car b/c we'll get a better deal. the economy sucks so now is better right?
Plus he doesnt like that the suburban has 45k on it. I am so mad!!!!!
\So he is saying will fix the brakes on my altima and fix the side mirror and the cd player and I can drive that till then.:whistle:
So I really want the MA. I dont like the raidians b/c you cant take the covers off.
I thought possible an MA drivers side, RA middle and PW pass side.
I know you guys think the RA is a waste of money but if it last 3 yaers thats fine. Its small and I dont want some ginormous seat in the middle. Is it narrower than the ma?
You think that would work or am I delusional?

ADS

Jordynsmama

Huh? I take the covers off my Radians all the time... Even the straps are replaceable now.

Oh Then it changed?
Well then. Okay truth be told aside from that I dont like them and I realkly want a MA. But anyway its still so long for the middle seat kwim? I want something compact for that rf'ing.
But maybe I will consider them more now.

scatterbunny

I really would go with Radians if you're keeping the Altima, but that's just me. I can fit a RF Radian in my Focus, I'm pretty sure it's doable in an Altima.

canadiangie

I think you need to find a Radian and see if it will work. It's really your best bet here.

Alternatively, you could just get 2 Sceneras and use them until you get a larger vehicle, and then go from there.

Maedze

The covers have always been removeable from the Radians. Maybe you're thinking of the harnesses? They used to be non-removeable.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The covers have always been removeable from the Radians. Maybe you're thinking of the harnesses? They used to be non-removeable.

:yeahthat:

Ours won't fit RF in the middle of the Corolla without pushing the driver's seat forward (and we need it back more), but I know it can fit in between the front seats in many vehicles, you just have to try it to find out.

If 2 Sceneras don't fit, consider a Scenera and an Avenue, they puzzle together perfectly.

Calleiah

Since you dont mind the 40 lb limit of the RA, what about a Coccoro? They would be very compact, not sure if it's narrower than a RA, but pretty sure it is. Can anyone confirm that? That might be a nice fit in the middle for you.

Kat_Momof3

I'm with Calleiah on this one... for the money and the purpose, I would go with the coccoro.

I just hate trying to adjust a rearfacing Radian anyway... the Coccoro is supposed to be sooo easy to use.

I'd use the coccoros now and then follow up with Radians or Nautilus seats when they outgrow them.

the coccoros are extremely narrow and only weigh 11lbs each... Combi is supposed to be working on a stroller designed for them... I hope they make a double if they go through with that!

zeo2ski

I'm not sure I would do that--due to the height of the shell on the RA and Coccoro they'd be outgrown RFing at an early age. But I may have missed another thread talking about your situation...are the babies growing out of their infant seats? Your siggy pictures look like plenty of time left.

Jordynsmama

So funny! I came on to post about the coccoros b/c I just read in parents mag today that they are designed for 3 across.
I want them to rearface as long as possible but I dont want the hassle of intsalling 2 huge seats. Then again I would really like an MA:whistle: But anyway are they supposed to be good seats?
Madisyn is the one who I think needs a new seat. She is so fat and its hard to loosen the harness and get slack. Its hard to buckle her.
They are almost 5 months old and mad is like 17 lbs probably already and the seats gonto 22-
I give her 2 months.
So ugh. This is hard. Its a hard choice and committment to make especially when u are buying 2. So you dont think a MA and RA or MA and coccoro would fit sbs? Or a MA and radian sbs?

brightredmtn

My DS who is small only would have lasted RF to 2.5 in our Roundabout. They are narrower than the MA, I know this b/c the RA can fit down the aisle of an airplane while attached to a GoGo Kidz and the MA cannot. I loved our RA, it was a great little travel seat but that was the biggest reason why I loved it so much.

I drive a Corolla and a RF MA fits perfectly in the center rear and doesn't impact how far back either front seat can go.

Jordynsmama

See 2.5 rf'ing is fine with me. Sorry if thats bad.
The issue with the MA is can I fit 2 sbs and then a pw and no way.
So I thought a MA and a Radian(MID) and the PW. Would that work? Or an MA then RA and then the PW.
I cant have the bigger seats in the middle b/c my mid seat is smaller than the other seats.
Or I guess 2 cocorros and the PW or a MA and a cocorro and the PW.
I DONT KNOW!! I hate this.
Are the cocorros good seats aside from the rf'ing issue?
I mean I could just buy new seats in 2 years. I dont worry to much about that far ahead so if the coccoros are good seats otherwise than that maybe a great choice. Or if the RA'a are the same size than maybe 2 of those.
However I doi think since M is so big a MA would be her best bet if possible so if either 2 fit next to one thatb woudl be ebst but that may be pushing it.

Splash

They should be in the same seats. Really, I would twitch if they weren't, and I think you would eventually grow to dislike it. And a RA is just as wide as a MA.

Your best bet is to have Jordyn in the middle. Of course, not what you wanted to hear, but...

Get two comfortsports. Narrow, relatively simple, should fit side by side. Of course they'll be outgrown quickly but you know that and since you want a MA so badly, you can get them MAs when you get a bigger car. Right now, though, in your particular situation, I think they might be the best choice. And the BEST seat fits the car, fits the child, and is used correctly every time. Repeat it to yourself ad infinitum.

Another option would be 2 AOEs without the base. They're fairly narrow then, and would last a long time. Might be difficult to buckle the PW though.

Or, ya know, tell boyfriend to suck it up and get a new vehicle because your family plain don't fit no more.

mykidsmom

See 2.5 rf'ing is fine with me. Sorry if thats bad.

No, I don't think that is bad, but I think the poster (brightredmtn) meant that it only lasted that long because her son was small.

The Roundabout lasted my first daughter rfing until 2 years 8 month, then ffing till a little over 3. However, my 19 month old is too tall for it rfing, and in my opinion 19 months rfing is not long enough.

So if your kids are smallish (say 50 percentile height and weight like my first dd), then you can probably make it to 2.5. If they are larger, you won't make it that long. I think most kids don't make it that long.

Also, keep in mind with your babies getting older, you may not need to recline the MA so much. If it is installed a bit more upright, it may fit easier.

PHaley

First let me say you have some adorable kiddos :)

But back to the subject at hand:
If it were me honestly like today... I'd put M in an Ave outboard(has protective foam), K in a Scenera center (no foam but rf & center =2 safest positions in the car!) and J in the Parkway outboard.

Later you could do J-MR, M-RN, K-MA or something like that. If you're in love w/ the MA you can wait for the next big Britax sale after you get the new vehicle but you also will have time to see the new seats due out soon (RA50, ARB TF, GMR...) & see if the twins growth rate changes any.

Not to mention you will also have a great set of 2nd/travel seats.

Good luck, carseat puzzles always seem more fun when they're someone elses & more frustrating when they're our own ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC