Should I call Britax?

Stresch

Because I know you are just dying to find out.

2 hours to get through, 40 minutes on hold. Sending it back.

Now to find another seat to use in the meantime.

ADS

abacus2

I'm having the same problem with my Odyssey Decathlon from Albee baby DOM 9/8/06. It's my only 40lbs+ seat though, so I think I'm going to have to buy another one to use while sending it back to be repaired. Mine won't tighten if my dd is sitting in the seat; I have to have her climb out to adjust it. I think I might video the problem before sending it in.

SPJ&E

That is so weird that all of our seats have the Odyssey cover and we're all having problems!

Stresch

Yeah. It seems like a lot of people are having this problem. I've heard about it on another board (although I don't know the fabric choice of theirs lol).

Mine has arrived in NC, so hopefully it will be back soon. And fixed. And I intend to keep the box they ship it back in until it expires. Finding/creating a box big enough for it was a nightmare.

SPJ&E

Ah, I kept the box before anyway, so it wasn't a problem for me when I sent mine back! I kept the box this time too, just in case.

Let me know what they say about yours!

Stresch

Yeah, ask me when I recycled the old box.

Yup. Last week. And I will post about what they said/did.

We are borrowing a SS1 for the interim. And I was getting frustrated because it was so hard to pull, until I realized that I couldn't pull it anymore because it wouldn't tighten anymore. You know, because it was already tight against the baby.

Stresch

I talked to Britax this morning. The seat was not able to be repaired. So they are sending me a new one.

I feel very vindicated that I sent it back.

arly1983

They are sending you a new DC??? I am mailing mine off to them tomorrow with same problem yall have had. It is a Tiffiany with DOM of 7/6/06. I really don't want it back or any other DC. I would gladly take a RA or MA or even BV (Ive never had one). If it does come back to me or a new one, I am selling it.

Stresch

I debated, but I got a new DC.

Sanna is so tiny, and totally butt-less even in cloth diapers that the adjustable crotch strap is a really big selling point. Plus I predict she will be an escape artist, so the push button seems like a good plan.

Jimaie(mom2boys)

I'm glad i stumbled on this thread b/c just today did i find out the differences between the DA and the MA and was thinking of going with the DC just b/c of the outer adjustable buckle position...

Is this a frequent problem with all DC's or is it just with the Odyssey print?? do you know?

Last edited:

abacus2

Yay for Britax customer service. I've been having the same problem with my Odyssey Decathlon, but it's my only high weight seat for my 44lb dd. I called today not sure what to do and they're sending me a new seat 1st and as long as I send the other one back within 30 days, I won't be charged. They even said to keep the old cover. They also offered a Marathon instead, but I'm going to try another Decathlon. If it develops the same problem, I'll get a Marathon instead then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC