Question Seven year old and 4 foot 9 .. now what?

P

Pinkflalda

Hi! My dd is 7 years 2 months and is very tall at 4 foot 9. She is currently in a britax frontier 85 on the highest setting and it's tight on her shoulders. She does not pass the 5 point test, her belt is still on her abdomen and touching her neck. I bought a safety 1st store n go backless but it states that it's only up to 57 inches and something about placement of head on the car headrest but now I can't find the exact wording but I am completely confused. Please help. I have a pretty small budget... would prefer under $50...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sounds like the Safety 1st Incognito would be perfect! It is low and will help position the lap belt appropriately.

Backless boosters require support form the car to the tops of the ears. From the car's headrest or backseat. All of them do. We do too, as adults. That's for our whiplash protection.

Wendy

P

pinkflalda

thank you so much! I will order one. What are your thoughts on the harmony boosters too?

aeormsby

The Harmony Youth Boosters (the ones they sell at Walmart) are my favorite NBB for small to big kids. Have her try it in the store to make sure it's not too tight at the armrests (my 9yo uses them and my 11yo used one up until a few months ago also). The Incognito is great for those bigger kids that don't quite fit without the booster yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC