senera, and other car seats?

CAEKWILSON

What do other car seats have that senera doesnt, I am trying to figure out why it is so cheap and if it is a safe and good seat? Thanks

ADS

southpawboston

other seats may or may not have: more padding, shoulder pads, different recline levels, EPS/EPP foam, taller harness slots, higher weight limit (FF), nicer LATCH belts which are easier to cinch tight and release, adjustable crotch strap position, easier harness tightening, ability to RF tether.

i don't know about actual crash test data, but the scenera does feel very flimsy to me. i don't like how it flexes very easily. but we just have to trust our government's word that it passes all applicable safety standards... we use one as a temp seat until the new recaro ships.

VLsMom

Its very basic, no padding or harness pads. No cushy fabric, just a simple cover. Some come with a cup holder.

Its a great seat for every day use, or occasional (or back-up) use because its installs well in lots of cars, has 4 harness slots, and has a rear-facing limit to 35 lbs. which is the highest of all USA car seats available.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
The Scenera is one of the only seats that still doesn't come with EPS/EPP foam -- Uptown has an added infant pillow head support thingy in addition to EPS/EPP foam + more comfort padding....
Britax, Recaro & the Sunshine Kids Radian can be tethered RF.

Britax Marathon/Boulevard & the Radian also have special tethers that further enhance Ride Down to reduce crash forces upon the child.

Britax Advocate/Diplomat have Seat Logix to help parents achieve correct install.

Recaro uses a stronger grade plastic than all others (according to the rep I spoke to & the information I learned about plastics in my family Prosthetics business).​
Those seats all also keep kids harnessed longer as does the *new* Evenflo Triumph Advance.

Scenera has a higher RF weight limit than all these other options except for the Triumph Advance.

Triumph Advance & Britax Boulevard have really easy harness adjustment features, ideal for those who may use the same seat for different kids.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Britax Advocate/Diplomat have Seat Logix to help parents achieve correct install.

Scenera has a higher RF weight limit than all these other options except for the Triumph Advance.

The Diplomat doesn't have Seat Logix, just the Advocate (which I'm assuming is why it's $140 more than the Diplomat). Also, the Advocate and Diplomat are listed with 35 pounds on most sites. I don't know if that's right, but I thought I heard it was.

Wendy

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The Diplomat doesn't have Seat Logix, just the Advocate (which I'm assuming is why it's $140 more than the Diplomat). Also, the Advocate and Diplomat are listed with 35 pounds on most sites. I don't know if that's right, but I thought I heard it was.

Wendy

That's correct that the Diplomat doesn't have Seat Logix.

The Advocate is probably more expensive than the Diplomat because of the Seat Logix AND because it is a HWH seat, while the Diplomat is not. Comparing the two is similar to comparing the ROundabout and Marathon. Well, somewhat, at least! :)

As far as I know, the Advocate and Diplomat do indeed have a 35-pound RF weight limit. I have also heard that they will both have the energy-absorbing tether. However, until Britax releases official information, we won't know if any of this is 100% accurate.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC