Seats you want to love - and don't

skaterbabs

Ahhhh I hear you! I had to do that with our '95 Suburban. I had an MA in the middle row center seat.

Tanya
CPST

If the seats weren't so squishy it wouldn't be so bad, but the compress so much that it's tough to loosen the buckle enough to have the wiggle room to get it out. RF it was a breeze though, because you don't have to route it under then.

I don't like the Marathon...I really want to, but I just don't. Maybe when we are ready for ff, I'll like it better? (Why: hard to install, harness adjuster drives me crazy,...)

I do like our Radian and Nautilus, though.

I've never heard of the MA being difficult REAR facing. Have you posted for help? It really should be VERY simple when RF.

ADS

cpsaddict

I want to love the Radian. The concept is great. A nice, narrow seat with tall harness slots. But it's ugly, IMO. I hate the lack of side, it's heavy and the straps are narrow. I just don't like it.

Mommy2Marcus

I own a Marathon, a Evenflo Triumph Advance & a Cosco Scenera. I absolutly LOVE LOVE LOVE my Marathon & my Triumph. I am just ok with my Scenera. I want to love it, but just can not. It is a pain to install RF as I had to use a towel & it tilts some which is annoying. My Marathon & my Triumph though were/are a dream to install though! I have no complaints about either of those.

The seats I absolutly HATE & despise though are as follows: (I have owned them):
Comfort Sport- very twisty straps, short harness slots, super hard to adjust the harness, & just a real PITA in general!
Safety 1st All In One- I actually kind of liked this seat, the main reason I HATE & despise it though is b/c my average sized 18 month outgrew it RF at 17 months & FF at 18 months! Need I say more?

emandbri

Last winter (I think) the radian changed designs and from what I've read the straps can now be adjusted when the seat is installed. I agree before the fix it was a really bad design. I traded seats with Jennifer (the peach) because I needed to fit 3 in the back of my van when people came to visit and I couldn't adjust it at all.

I had two husky. I bought them on a whim because a site was selling them wicked cheap. My plan had been to put the older boys in them in the back of the van but I hated it because I couldn't see how the back with the rear view mirror. Then I put Daniel in it in the captain's chair and almost got into a wreck because I didn't see a car in my blind spot. I decided it wasn't worth it to keep him in a harness if it was going to cause me to get into a wreck and sold them both and put him in a star riser, he was 5.

I REALLY hate my decathlon. I keep going back and forth but I really do think I'm going to call britax and see if they will replace it. I guess I feel guilty doing so when I feel it is my fault for buying one of the first ones.

I really do want to get a radian though, I think it would be nice to be able to fit three in the back of my van. Also I posted in the car section that I want to be able to trade cars with my husband when I'm going to be driving further then he is. He said he didn't want two car seats installed in his car because then he would have to take them out if he took one of the older boys somewhere. The radian is so narrow I could put a radian and marathon in the car and have one in the middle.

I keep waiting for them to fix some things and I'm tried of waiting. I want the straps to be further apart, they just look so uncomfortable so close. I had also wanted to put one in my van and wanted a tan seat with tan straps instead of gray. Covers with some personality would be a plus as well. :rolleyes:

scatterbunny

I actually :love: my Recaro Start. It is a bear to adjust compared to some other boosters, but it adjusts nice and tall, and IMHO, is deep and supportive on the deepest setting. I like the shoulderbelt guides, too. Most of the time we leave it locked open, on longer trips, we close it.

I am not a huge Radian fan, though in certain circumstances it's the best choice, and I appreciate it for that.

aja

I have to add the Recaro Young Sport. I love this seat soo much :love: BUT the harness only goes to 40lbs!!!

i LOVE our young sport but as my son gets closer to 40 lbs i'm not feeling so warm and fuzzy.

i hate our boulevard (but dd LOVES it). and i hated the marathon i used when i did childcare. :eek:

mominabigtruck

I really wanted to love the uptown. A cheap seat with eps foam and a pretty cover but I absolutely hated the way it installed:thumbsdown: I haven't had to use a pool noodle or rolled towel in forever and the fact that I would have to on a $90 seat which is how much it was when it first came out just ticked me off.

Murphy's Law

I want to love my DC so much but I just don't because of that blasted adjuster strap.:thumbsdown:

I much prefer my less expensive but MUCH easier to use EFTA. :thumbsup:

Mama!

My absolute favorite favorite convertible right now is the Uptown. I even passed my FPSVD off as a backup so that I could use the Uptown as a main seat.

I positively ADORE our uptown. DS chooses it HANDS DOWN over the Signo, every time.

He actually calls it his Blue Big Boy seat :love:

I wanted to love the Scenera, but no dice. It would have been a cheap fix to our problem.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I really want to love the EFTA due to its infinite harness adjustment and its ability to be used with tall kids, but I can't. I abhor the harness tension knobs, which makes me abhor the entire seat.

I REALLY want to like it, but I can't. In fact, I hate it. :duck:

Mama!

I really want to love the EFTA due to its infinite harness adjustment and its ability to be used with tall kids, but I can't. I abhor the harness tension knobs, which makes me abhor the entire seat.

I REALLY want to like it, but I can't. In fact, I hate it. :duck:

Did you loosen the harness a ton before you started to adjust the height? That makes a world of difference for the Signo, which has that infinite adjust.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Did you loosen the harness a ton before you started to adjust the height? That makes a world of difference for the Signo, which has that infinite adjust.

It is the knobs for adjusting harness tension that I hate. I don't know why I hate them so much, but I do. :eek:

I use a BV in my car, which also has infinite adjust (closer to the Signo, though). I love that seat. :love:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I really wanted to love the Regent. But I just didn't. I hated how wide it was. My dd is almost 5 and just couldn't sleep comfortably in it.

MissAllyLou

I want to love my DC so much but I just don't because of that blasted adjuster strap.:thumbsdown:

I much prefer my less expensive but MUCH easier to use EFTA. :thumbsup:

Me too ... I wanted to love my DC so badly, it was so pretty! B, thankfully, I love my BLVD replacement!

I also wanted to love my Graco Cargo .... but it was a PITA to install, and it never got as tight as I wanted it to be. I gave it to a family with 5 kids under 7 ... they needed it more than me.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Radian. I love the concept of the Radian, but the seat itself is a PITA.

I'm not all that crazy about the Regent, even though I really love the Husky, because of the darn restrictions on the ways to install the darn thing. One of the things I loved about the Husky the most was all the different options to make it fit better in different cars. While I can make it fit where I need it to fit according to the new instructions, it just irks me to install it the hard way when I know darn well that another way is much easier. Honestly, I feel pretty confident that the seat would still be perfectly safe if I made a parental choice to install it the same way as my Husky, but since I CAN make it work, I just can't see going against the instructions for convenience reasons. (It's the principle that counts.)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I :love: my Radians.

They are sooooo slim, and I can get 3 across w/ them (in my 3rd row!)

AND, what other seat can hold an newborn and a 6.5 year old? Talk about versatility.

cryswilkins

I really want to love the EFTA, but I feel like Patriot. The knobs make me shudder and the red tabs on the harness just look uncomfortable and my DD hated them. Its a WIDE seat too.

vamom

It is the knobs for adjusting harness tension that I hate. I don't know why I hate them so much, but I do. :eek:

I loved those knobs, other then they made me think of turning the knob in a torture chamber or something (I know I'm weird).

I have owned a snugride, evenflo titan, evenflo truimph, evenflo chase, cosco combo seat thing, husky, radian, and nautilus.

The snugride was ok, the titan sucked big time, loved the truimph, the chase was soso, cosco was acceptable but uncomfortable for ds, I'm crazy about the huskies, hate the radian, and like the nautilus.

I'm more excited about the nauty now that I know it will tether/latch as a booster, even though that is quite some ways away (you know, in college, lol). Now if they would just make the thing ultralight weight... and in something BESIDES grat, lol.

I loved our marathon we owned for a few weeks, till I sold it-need somethign slimmer. :-( I love our FPSVD and we use this every day. My regent was ok, just way too wide for me to go to the third row of my van comfortably, but now that is traded with a radian65. I am not lovin' the radian, but I don't hate it. the install was easy, but the straps are annoying and my son complains about them all the time.

My scenera is ok..... I hate the lack of EPS. I hated hated hated our comfort sport. I loved loved loved the graco cargo. I am ok wtih my AOE, but really would rather not use it(but, I will have to soon if they outgrow the scenera).

I hate the graco turbo booster-adjuststing it is a pain and it tips in my 3rd row of my van.

jewlsvern

It is actually the adjusting harness and tension knobs that I love. I think it is so easy to adjust. My DD loves how soft it is. I actually love my SR too. DD is still in it at 13 mos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC