Question Seat with lock offs and tall top slots!?!?

#1babysitter

I'm a nanny for a 1 and 3 year old full time. My boyfriend's mom is also a nanny for a 1 and 3 year old. 3 days a week we have play dates and me and my nanny kids ride with K and her nanny kids when we go do fun things. It's nice because I can save gas, not get lost, and the kids have fun riding together. I have spare seats for my nanny kids that I installed in her huge 7 passenger van and leave in there. My problem is she does not have automatic locking seat belts so I have to use a locking clip for the 3 yo's FF Radian 65SL. IT'S A PAIN! Her seat belt stalks are very long so they go in the back of the Radian making it impossible to get the locking clip on the belt. So I'm really interested in getting her a new spare seat that has lock offs. What other seats have lock offs other than the Britax convertibles???? The 1 yo is in a RF Britax Marathon for his spare so it has lock offs. The 3 year old needs a seat with taller top slots as well. She is on the top slots of the Radian but has a good amount of room to grow. Her torso is about 16".

ADS

aept

Can you try a frontier in there for the three year old? She is pretty tall and heavy for 3 and will likely need the max harness height and higher height and weight harnessing ability of the Frontier. Sorry, no lock-offs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Brianna

Just to clarify :) You say she doesn't have automatic locking belts- do you mean she doesn't have switchable retractors? (Pull all the way out to lock) And do they not have locking latchplates? I take it it's an older van then.

In addition to the Argos Elite there is the Nautilus Elite- I don't believe it's being made anymore but I found it on Albeebaby, it's probably an older DOM though http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-elite-nautilus-3-in-1-car-seat-1754692-monti.html

#1babysitter

Just to clarify :) You say she doesn't have automatic locking belts- do you mean she doesn't have switchable retractors? (Pull all the way out to lock) And do they not have locking latchplates? I take it it's an older van then.

In addition to the Argos Elite there is the Nautilus Elite- I don't believe it's being made anymore but I found it on Albeebaby, it's probably an older DOM though http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-elite-nautilus-3-in-1-car-seat-1754692-monti.html

Yes that is what I mean! Is a locking latchplate where the seat belt cannot move freely? If so then they do not have that. Yes it is pretty old.

Oh so the Nautilus Elite has lock offs? Does the older style regular Nautilus have lock offs?

#1babysitter

I don't want to put the Frontier in there because it is such a hassle to move it back and forth as it is heavy and also does not have lock offs. Sometimes when we get back to K's house after an outing I have to rush with my nanny kids to bring the kids to their mom if she is going to the gym so that is why I have spare seats. I don't want to have to take an additional 30 min to move and install the seats back in my car. I just move the kids!

StillThankful

Just wanted to let you know that the Nautilus Elite from albee baby are 2009 models :thumbsdown: I recommended that they put model year on the site but I doubt they did.

Update--just checked--looks like they are out of stock anyways. :-/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC